chance of getting in after being waitlisted.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
nascent

chance of getting in after being waitlisted.

Postby nascent » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:42 pm

Hello all,

I just received an e-mail from Emory stating that I was waitlisted... and from what I researched about being waitlisted from law schools, it seems that I won't have much luck with it. Obviously, deposit deadlines are approaching from various schools that have admitted me, and I was wondering if I should keep my hope and wait for the waitlist or just go ahead and send in my deposit. So far, I have been accepted at numerous law schools, but the ones that I'm considering are Temple, Villanova, and tOSU. Any suggestions on this will be appreciated. :)

amputatedbrain

Re: chance of getting in after being waitlisted.

Postby amputatedbrain » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:51 pm

You can put down your 1st deposit and remain on the waitlist at another school usually. Check your school's policies to make sure, a few want an absolute commitment with the deposit I think, but for the most part you'd be fine. If you get off the waitlist it could be the week before classes start, so they know people will have deposits at other places. How many people get off the waitlist varies by school and year, and I don't know anything about Emory in particular, athough someone probably does. Write a good LOCI, maybe re-take the LSAT, add a few things to your resume, and hope for the best.

nascent

Postby nascent » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:26 pm

cool man, thanks for your help!

another question... I received 8k a year scholarship from OSU, and will be getting in-state starting 2L, while paying sticker at Emory... which do you think carries more value?

Will a degree from Emory compared with a degree from OSU be worth the cost difference?

erniesto

Postby erniesto » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:28 pm

nascent wrote:cool man, thanks for your help!

another question... I received 8k a year scholarship from OSU, and will be getting in-state starting 2L, while paying sticker at Emory... which do you think carries more value?

Will a degree from Emory compared with a degree from OSU be worth the cost difference?

Not likely.

mhernton

Postby mhernton » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:47 pm

nascent wrote:cool man, thanks for your help!

Emory and OSU, whether its Columbus, Oklahoma State, or Oregon State are all regional Schools. the clout they carry is based on where you plan on practicing after you graduate and what you plan on doing.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:03 pm

I would think Emory might be a bit more portable in the South than OSU would be in its region. Not sure if the price difference would be worth it though.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”