Yale vs. Stanford?!?!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BioEBear2010

Re: Yale vs. Stanford?!?!

Postby BioEBear2010 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. A lot of what you all say resounds with me, and I guess the whole debate is really moot until I visit SLS and get a feel for the place.

Crack, your psychoanalysis argument is pretty interesting. What I've been telling people is that my brain says Stanford, but my heart says Yale. I wonder which will win out, haha.

UnitarySpace

Postby UnitarySpace » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:03 am

Bumping for BioE

HITeacher2

Postby HITeacher2 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:30 am

eaters333 wrote:How could you think of betraying the Berkeley heritage....go to stanford and youre not a true bear

Haha, I'm a former Cal student who was in the position of choosing between HLS and SLS back in '08. Granted, YLS turned me down but it was a similar decision. Being a Cal Alum, the argument above actually did hold some weight for me - it just felt kinda gross considering going to Stanfurd in light of the rivalry. I ended up choosing H for a wide range of reasons, but my golden bear heritage was definitely somewhere in the calculus. What would Oski say?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:11 am

HITeacher2 wrote:
eaters333 wrote:How could you think of betraying the Berkeley heritage....go to stanford and youre not a true bear

Haha, I'm a former Cal student who was in the position of choosing between HLS and SLS back in '08. Granted, YLS turned me down but it was a similar decision. Being a Cal Alum, the argument above actually did hold some weight for me - it just felt kinda gross considering going to Stanfurd in light of the rivalry. I ended up choosing H for a wide range of reasons, but my golden bear heritage was definitely somewhere in the calculus. What would Oski say?

He would say you're an idiot. Oski has a very special relationship with the Tree.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:13 pm

HITeacher2 wrote:

I grew up loving Stanford, so I really wouldn't feel like I am betraying my alma mater. Also, law school is a different beast than undergrad. There's no question that I would always root for Cal when the schools play one another :)

UnitarySpace

Postby UnitarySpace » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:24 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
HITeacher2 wrote:

I grew up loving Stanford, so I really wouldn't feel like I am betraying my alma mater. Also, law school is a different beast than undergrad. There's no question that I would always root for Cal when the schools play one another :)

Haha liar. What about that one big game you spent in the stanford section wearing stanford gear.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:50 pm

UnitarySpace wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
HITeacher2 wrote:

Haha liar. What about that one big game you spent in the stanford section wearing stanford gear.

I was forced to go incognito, because I had to sit around all my dad's SLS buddies. I still cheered for Cal, though, much to their chagrin :D

Return to “Choosing a Law School”