Where would the Saved by the Bell cast go to law school?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
narkizopoint

Re: Where would the Saved by the Bell cast go to law school?

Postby narkizopoint » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Can't believe I forgot about Kapowski...

Well, after she ran the Peach Pit: After Dark into the ground (see Bev Hills 90210) she successfully financed the purchase of "The Attic" and unfortunately ran that into the ground as well. After bouncing around as an unsuccessful club promoter for a while she drunk dialed Zack which spurred her into taking the LSAT because they got to talking how everyone was jumping on the JD bandwagon. She didn't quite have the numbers for NU but her interviewer was a 28 yo male recent graduate-totally aced the interview and got in.

ausoccer19

Postby ausoccer19 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:33 pm

Zack: UCLA - can't see anywhere but a California school

Slater - gets a job like the coach in "Grease" where he just coaches every sport for some small high school - if I have to choose one though I'd go with Houston

Screech - USC - has to be close to Zack so he can still do his homework, plus needs a good entertainment law program to help with his "acting" career

Kelly - blankets T14 and surprisingly gets into one - gave adcomms a lap dance or something

Jessie - I believe went to Columbia undergrad, stays in NYC and goes to NYU

Lisa - Boalt, mommy and daddy connections

rebel Torrie (in Kelly's absence) - Lewis and Clark

Mikey (middle school days) - GWU

Nikki (also middle school) - Vermont for the environmental program (she did set all the frogs free from the science lab)

also a weird point of interest - Dennis Haskins (Mr. Belding) was at my UG last year doing stand-up, dude is pretty hilarious

Rowinguy2009

Postby Rowinguy2009 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 pm

deadpanic wrote:
Rowinguy2009 wrote:But I think some of them are being given too much credit...... Zach getting into Northwestern or UVA?

Dude, he was recruited by Stansbury. F*CKING STANSBURY, man. It is the Harvard of the West. He Zack Attacks standardized tests; with ED he is in UVA. Rejected by Northwestern because he is not a 40 year old economist.

Stansbury is the Harvard of the West in the same way that University of Montana is the Harvard of Montana. Zach gets drunk the night before the LSAT and comes out with a score in the low 160's. His 2.8 GPA ain't helping much either. Plus at this point in his career I think he is gonna have to mark a couple yes boxes under the character fitness section of the apps, and if he doesn't write up some damn good addendums to explain those he is going to Cooley.

nealric

Postby nealric » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:44 pm

LOL- you guys haven't been reading above the law long enough.

--LinkRemoved--

Weasel (the new Screech) actually went to Harvard and Clerked for Sandra Day O'Connor and Ginsburg.

thequest

Postby thequest » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Don’t forget about Stacey from the Malibu Sands Beach Club. Sadly Stacey Carosi never made it to law school. She does, however, work in a law firm in Manhattan as a secretary.

ausoccer19

Postby ausoccer19 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:04 pm

good call, forgot about Stacey (Staci? ... whatever). Agreed, no law school. Possibly just took over the beach club??

I assume we aren't even bringing "college years" characters into the discussion. I'd prefer to not dignify those seasons of SBTB with my time or hypothetical guesses

kickincane21

Postby kickincane21 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:42 pm

thequest wrote:Don’t forget about Stacey from the Malibu Sands Beach Club. Sadly Stacey Carosi never made it to law school. She does, however, work in a law firm in Manhattan as a secretary.

LMAO...and she gets married to a fat truck driver...big step down from Zach

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:46 pm

narkizopoint wrote:No way Zack fails out. I agree he aces the LSAT and probably the GMAT, gets a dual JD/MBA but graduates under median (but that's okay cuz he goes to Harvard/Stansbury Law) and with his father's biz connections lands a totally awesome position in a fortune 500.

Jessie is reverse splitter ends up at Oregon for their environmental law rep and liberal reputation in Eugene. She fails the CA bar three times before finally squeaking by, ends up as some governmental appointee on some outlandish environmental regulatory board in CA and eventually butts heads with Zack's company.

Slater doesn't go to law school and actually sleeps on a couch in Screech's garage.

Lisa goes to harvard ($$,Urm,decent GPA and LSAT) marries rich and never does anything with her degree.

Screech finally outs himself as a 3L and discovers a new found confidence that always kept him out of touch with his peers. He transfers to Boalt from Yale to be with his boyfriend who also attends boalt.

Okay, just wasted entirely too much time on this. Time to put on some Zack Attack music and do some work.

Lisa Turtle = Michelle Obama?

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:50 pm

ausoccer19 wrote:Zack: UCLA - can't see anywhere but a California school

Nah, GPA is too low. I'm telling y'all, Zach is going to be a Cavalier! Screech had to help him with the ED process. Zach was too apathetic to figure it out.

Too bad he is going to fail out after chasing too much Kappa tail.

Lisa - Boalt, mommy and daddy connections

Boalt is too liberal to take part in the good ole boy system. Lisa, as an FIT grad, goes to Fordham ala OperaSoprano.

Modian

Postby Modian » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Don't forget AC Slater (Sanchez) will get a URM boost as well. He'll go to UCI so he can join Kaba Modern's dance crew.

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 pm

[quote="ausoccer19"also a weird point of interest - Dennis Haskins (Mr. Belding) was at my UG last year doing stand-up, dude is pretty hilarious[/quote]

Good to hear. He's from Tennessee, and when I lived there I saw him at my regular bar a few times.

Let's just say it was a little depressing and weird. And not regular see-teacher-out-of-school weird; like, creepy weird.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 pm

This thread is awesome.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:47 pm

romothesavior wrote:This thread [strike]is awesome[/strike] lacks the legitimacy of a long-time poster; and belongs in the lounge.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:51 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:This thread [strike]is awesome[/strike] lacks the legitimacy of a long-time poster; and belongs in the lounge.

Maybe it does belong in the lounge, but that shouldn't hinge on whether or not it is a long time poster. It should depend on the topic.

Shot007

Postby Shot007 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:33 pm

GATORTIM wrote:I seriously don't think Zack would hit anywhere near 170. I'm thinking more high 50s, LOW 60's. He would likely end up at a Whittier, Southwestern, Cal Western or perhaps a Loyola if he got a strong LOR from his lardass boss at the Malibu Sands Beach Club

I can definitely see Zack going for a school like Pepperdine after getting a 163, the Malibu lifestyle is definitely suited to him

qualster

Postby qualster » Sun May 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Maxwell Nerdstrom- Harvard Law. He continues to be the bane of Screech's existence, narrowly beating him out for a SCOTUS clerkship.

That's all I got. Had to bump this hilarious thread.

Postby 20160810 » Sun May 23, 2010 11:24 pm

SimplyC26 wrote:Zach- Northwestern

Slater- University of Miami

Screech- Yale

Lisa- Columbia

Kelly- UC Davis

Jessie- Boalt

God I wish...

atlantalaw

Postby atlantalaw » Sun May 23, 2010 11:40 pm

violet (tori spelling as screech's gf) has her heart set on attending stanford but gets rejected, ends up going to chicago.

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Tue May 25, 2010 10:28 am

romothesavior wrote:This thread is awesome.

Agreed

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:59 am

I think the Zach UVA thing is accurate - major splitter, high LSAT. UVA is more California-ey than other splitter schools, though he could go UCLA/USC if he wanted, I imagine.

Kelly - TTT. Not very bright in general. The growing up in poverty thing and not being able to afford prom might make a good PS. I'm going to guess Southwestern. Not a bad choice, and she'll get need-based grants.

Slater - Hawaii might be a good guess. URM/Athlete/military family - I'm going to guess and say Santa Clara - stays in CA.

Lisa - FIT->Fordham, due to family connections and URM.

Jessie - Due to low LSAT but high GPA splitter, ends up at Utah after being REJECTED by HYS. Mormons won't be happy to hear about her stripper background. Chance that she isn't allowed to take the bar in Utah due to character issues and past addiction to caffeine pills.

Screech - Goes to Kansas, where he gets continually beaten up by townie rednecks for being such a geek.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Tue May 25, 2010 11:09 am

Rowinguy2009 wrote:But I think some of them are being given too much credit...... Zach getting into Northwestern or UVA?

Zach- Loyola

Jessie- Georgetttown

Slater- University of Hawaii

Screech- Yale

Kelly-Florida Coastal

Lisa- Emory

He killed the LSAT. He'd be a high-LSAT splitter, and NU and UVA wouldn't care about his GPA.

loonyfish

Postby loonyfish » Tue May 25, 2010 11:33 am

Don't forget Zack (Running Zack) has URM status as a Native American, which will probably give him some sort of boost in applications...
As such, I think he'd be Stanford bound.

qualster

Postby qualster » Wed May 26, 2010 1:27 am

loonyfish wrote:Don't forget Zack (Running Zack) has URM status as a Native American, which will probably give him some sort of boost in applications...

That was a great episode.

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:05 am

qualster wrote:
loonyfish wrote:Don't forget Zack (Running Zack) has URM status as a Native American, which will probably give him some sort of boost in applications...

That was a great episode.

Yeah, with the URM, it's definitely Stanford. I think that, other than Zack, the posts here are WAY too optimistic for the others' chances. I mean, come on! Did you see what they got on their SATs? Screech into Yale? Yeah right!

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Wed May 26, 2010 9:31 am

Good point, but will this overcome his piss poor GPA? It is undoubtedly below the 3.0 mark. Maybe if he uses the subliminal messages like he did in the new Beau Revere tape for his personal statement, he can squeak in.

Another noteworthy point: the other day I saw an episode and Zack is actually wearing a belt with his jeans. I'm pretty sure this is the only confirmed sighting of such fashion.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”