New York Law School or John Marshall Chicago? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

New York Law School or John Marshall Chicago?

New York Law
45%
John Marshall
55%

Total votes: 11

rgucsb

Bronze

New York Law School or John Marshall Chicago?

Post by rgucsb » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:03 pm

John Marshall is offering me a $18,000 per year scholarship and New York Law is not giving me any money.
Should I go to a Tier 4 with $ or a Tier 3 w/ no scholarship?

My GPA is a 3.5 from a top 15 public university and my LSAT is a 147 (I've always been a horrible test taker); I took the Testmasters course and raised my score from a 139 to 147.

I am still undecided over the type of law I would like to practice. Though I did enjoyed the internships I had at the DA's and Public Defenders offices in San Diego while I was an undergrad.

I am leaning towards New York Law because I ultimately want to transfer into my dream school, Cardozo Law. I am interested in their Law, Media, and Society Program.

Thanks, looking forward to the help

deadpanic

Silver

Re: New York Law School or John Marshall Chicago?

Post by deadpanic » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Honestly, neither, but if I had to choose, I'd say John Marshall. It is not going to matter if one is T4 vs T3. What are the requirements, if any, of the scholarship to JM?

No one should ever pay sticker for NYLS. It is just a really bad investment. Also don't count on transferring to anywhere - there are no guarantees that you will be able to do so.

I would sit out a year, study every day for the LSAT starting now & take the September LSAT. If you have similar results on that showing, no disrespect meant, you may want to re-think law school.

td6624

Silver

Re: New York Law School or John Marshall Chicago?

Post by td6624 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 pm

can someone explain why this thread has been made 40 times

and i don't mean threads like this. i mean this exact thread. is this some sort of strange T4 law school bot?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”