Fordham vs. Georgetown

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
max

Fordham vs. Georgetown

Postby max » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:50 pm

So I am down to these two schools (assuming I don't get into my reach, and I don't think I will). I have gotten no money from Georgetown and have gotten and a total of about 32k / year from Fordham and I am confident I can negotiate the rest of tuition away. I live in DC (and love it) but wouldn't mind living in either city. There is a strong chance I will end up trying to work in government.

My question is, is GULC worth the huge amount of extra $$$?

BigLawyer

Re: Fordham vs. Georgetown

Postby BigLawyer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:04 pm

max wrote:So I am down to these two schools (assuming I don't get into my reach, and I don't think I will). I have gotten no money from Georgetown and have gotten and a total of about 32k / year from Fordham and I am confident I can negotiate the rest of tuition away. I live in DC (and love it) but wouldn't mind living in either city. There is a strong chance I will end up trying to work in government.

My question is, is GULC worth the huge amount of extra $$$?

Tough call given the economy, but if you are comfortable with the extra debt, I would take GULC. It will have better job prospects at graduation. Fordham does well too, but you would also have to live in NYC for three years which would definitely have an impact on your debt taken for living expenses.

saltoftheearth

Re: Fordham vs. Georgetown

Postby saltoftheearth » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Go to Fordham, especially if you are able to further negotiate tuition.

/reason

I'd go to Georgetown

Return to “Choosing a Law School”