Cornell v. Temple

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Snarleyow

Cornell v. Temple

Postby Snarleyow » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:42 am

not just basketball.

Trying to decide between Cornell at or close to sticker likely, or Temple for free. Not really trying to do biglaw (paralegaled there and you couldn't bring me back kicking and screaming). philly's my hometown, so I wouldn't mind it there, but obviously a bit more national mobility, prestige, etc. would be a good thing.

thoughts?

starsong

Re: Cornell v. Temple

Postby starsong » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 am

Snarleyow wrote:not just basketball.

Trying to decide between Cornell at or close to sticker likely, or Temple for free. Not really trying to do biglaw (paralegaled there and you couldn't bring me back kicking and screaming). philly's my hometown, so I wouldn't mind it there, but obviously a bit more national mobility, prestige, etc. would be a good thing.

thoughts?

A top-tier school is necessary for prestigious government jobs too, like the DOJ Honors Program. Why close yourself off from possible career paths? You can succeed with a degree from Temple, but are you sure you want to lock yourself in to Philly for the rest of your life?

Also, don't forget that IBR can make low-paying work possible, even with a lot of debt.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”