Seattle U$$ v. DePaul $$

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
savagedm

Seattle U$$ v. DePaul $$

Postby savagedm » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Hey all, so I am currently trying to decide between going to Seattle University with 12k/yr or to DePaul with 15k/yr. I am looking into several different criteria between the two schools including cost, difficulty, job placement, the night life on the one or two nights a year I'll get enough free time and $$ at the same time, etc. I'd like to hear some opinions on this one and get a discussion going hopefully to help me make this decision before the deadline hits in the next couple weeks.

Thanks!

Bronte

Re: Seattle U$$ v. DePaul $$

Postby Bronte » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:46 pm

If you want to live in Seattle, go to Seattle U. If you want to live in Chicago, go to DePaul.

savagedm

Postby savagedm » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Bronte wrote:If you want to live in Seattle, go to Seattle U. If you want to live in Chicago, go to DePaul.

excellent wit, what I am more curious about and I should have stated it more clearly I suppose is what sort of job prospects would either school net me? I know the obvious go to school where you want to live the next 5-10 years of your life, but what about the job market? Is Chicago more saturated than Seattle? How do the schools rate vs. other schools in the region? I am so far enjoying my visit to Chicago and am sure I will like Seattle for different but equal reasons. Basically it boils down to what would be the best investment for the buck? That's the discussion I am looking for :)

nsideirish

Postby nsideirish » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 am

Just remember...if you go to DePaul and look for employment in Chicago, you will be competing against T-14s (particularly Northwestern, UChicago, & Michigan), Notre Dame, UIUC, and other schools in the city (Loyola, Kent).

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:31 am

That selection is a bit of a catch 22. The Seattle market is saturated to the point where U-Dub grads are looking at Portland and beyond in the Pacific Northwest. The Chicago market is better...but as previously said lots of T-14 as well as competition from UIUC, ND, WUSTL and the likes. Kent and Loyola also place better in the city than DePaul.

I say determine the most important criteria in terms of what you want in a law school, whether location or total cost or something else. Then pick the school that best fulfills that criteria.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”