Help choosing

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which one?

Penn State with $$
50%
Syracuse $$$
14%
St. John's
No votes
Seattle $
36%

Total votes: 14

Snowdrifter

Help choosing

Postby Snowdrifter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:36 pm

My options thus far:
Penn State 10k
Syracuse 27k
Seattle 5k
St. John's 0

So, I think Penn State is the obvious choice, given that it's the highest ranking and nearly the cheapest of my options. Syracuse is offering the most, but they fell out of the top 100 and they are pretty damn expensive, so it's not saving as much money as it could be.

IMHO, the biggest reason not to pick PSU would be...I don't want to practice in Pennsylvania. I want to be in DC, although I'd settle for NYC or Seattle.

So, I'm trying to balance the value of a higher-ranked school ITE v. schools that are not #1 in their regional market. Seattle is probably #2 behind UW, but St. John's is what..4? 5? Syracuse isn't even close to a major one, unless you count Buffalo (i don't, haha).

I'm still waitlisted at several other schools, but seat deposits are approaching so I want to narrow the field.

jcl2

Re: Help choosing

Postby jcl2 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Snowdrifter wrote:My options thus far:
Penn State 10k
Syracuse 27k
Seattle 5k
St. John's 0

So, I think Penn State is the obvious choice, given that it's the highest ranking and nearly the cheapest of my options. Syracuse is offering the most, but they fell out of the top 100 and they are pretty damn expensive, so it's not saving as much money as it could be.

IMHO, the biggest reason not to pick PSU would be...I don't want to practice in Pennsylvania. I want to be in DC, although I'd settle for NYC or Seattle.

So, I'm trying to balance the value of a higher-ranked school ITE v. schools that are not #1 in their regional market. Seattle is probably #2 behind UW, but St. John's is what..4? 5? Syracuse isn't even close to a major one, unless you count Buffalo (i don't, haha).

I'm still waitlisted at several other schools, but seat deposits are approaching so I want to narrow the field.

Where do you want to live?

oberlin08

Re: Help choosing

Postby oberlin08 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:11 pm

If you will settle for Seattle, then choose Seattle U with $. They are also #1 in Legal writing, though I'm not sure how great the USNWR subrankings are..

Return to “Choosing a Law School”