Where to go?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where should I go?

Brooklyn (25K scholly)
41%
St. John's (full ride)
41%
Hofstra (full ride)
18%

Total votes: 22

ligirl

Where to go?

Postby ligirl » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Brooklyn/St. John's would be + the cost of living, Hofstra technically I could live home (although I don't want to). BU and Cardozo are also options assuming I get off the WL, but I doubt that would include any money.. so I don't think I'd consider that. I'm trying to negotiate with Brooklyn for more money because I really want to go there, but don't know if I can turn down a full ride.

Anyway, opinions .. ?

nycparalegal

Re: Where to go?

Postby nycparalegal » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:44 pm

well, what exactly do you want to do with your degree?

arhmcpo

Postby arhmcpo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:12 pm

With these choices, I would focus on debt aversion since it will be largely up to you to find and create job opportunities. They'll be a lot less pressure on you to land some big paying job if you don't have major debt. Thus I picked St. Johns (full ride followed by highest ranked)

nycparalegal

Postby nycparalegal » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:15 pm

arhmcpo wrote:With these choices, I would focus on debt aversion since it will be largely up to you to find and create job opportunities. They'll be a lot less pressure on you to land some big paying job if you don't have major debt. Thus I picked St. Johns (full ride followed by highest ranked)

Well, if that's the case why not choose Hofstra? Her COL will be $0 because she would be living with her parents.

While if she chooses to go to St. Johns and doesn't live at home, she is still looking at something like 40-60k in COL debt.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”