BU v. GW

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
AllBusiness
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 pm

BU v. GW

Postby AllBusiness » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm currently wrestling with this question. Does anyone have any strong opinions on it? I'm interested in public policy and PI law. Ultimately, I would like to work in an urban center in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic.

BU - Higher ranking; strong PI reputation; no dual JD/MPP program; good scholarship

GW - Dual JD/MPP program (which I have been accepted to); DC location; considerably better scholarship

Also, is GW expected to rise or fall in the rankings in coming years? I can't seem to get a straight answer (or as much of a straight answer as possible).

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: BU v. GW

Postby missvik218 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:20 pm

AllBusiness wrote:I'm currently wrestling with this question. Does anyone have any strong opinions on it? I'm interested in public policy and PI law. Ultimately, I would like to work in an urban center in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic.

BU - Higher ranking; strong PI reputation; no dual JD/MPP program; good scholarship

GW - Dual JD/MPP program (which I have been accepted to); DC location; considerably better scholarship

Also, is GW expected to rise or fall in the rankings in coming years? I can't seem to get a straight answer (or as much of a straight answer as possible).

Thanks in advance.

How much better? These schools are peers, if you don't have a legitimate preference (have you visited?) I would go with the one which will cost you less.

Also, search function - there are tons of threads on this.

User avatar
tallboone
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 am

Re: BU v. GW

Postby tallboone » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:20 pm

the rankings don't matter between these two (they are peer schools) so you should go where you would be most comfortable. if you want to live/practice in boston, go to BU. if you want to live/work in DC or go into government, go to GW.

AllBusiness
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 pm

Re: BU v. GW

Postby AllBusiness » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:21 pm

BU - 45K
GW - 90K

Thanks, and sorry for being a noob. Any links to relevant threads would be appreciated too.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: BU v. GW

Postby missvik218 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:26 pm

AllBusiness wrote:BU - 45K
GW - 90K

Thanks, and sorry for being a noob. Any links to relevant threads would be appreciated too.

:lol: forgiven. The link below looked like the best one, IMO.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104019

I think an extra 45k and preference for government and PI would make me lean towards GW.

User avatar
voice of reason
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:18 am

Re: BU v. GW

Postby voice of reason » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:41 pm

tallboone wrote:the rankings don't matter between these two (they are peer schools) so you should go where you would be most comfortable. if you want to live/practice in boston, go to BU. if you want to live/work in DC or go into government, go to GW.


Agreed. The OP has twice the scholarship from GW and wants to do public policy or PI -- go to GW.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Torres1893 and 3 guests