Penn State vs Drexel

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
xsoldier1911

Penn State vs Drexel

Postby xsoldier1911 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:46 am

Hello. I'm trying to choose between The Dickinson School of Law (Carlisle campus) with a $60,000 scholarship, or The Earle Mack School of Law at Drexel University with a $90,000 scholarship. At Dickinson I'm interested in their federal and state government externship placements, as well as their semester in Washington externship. At Drexel I'm interested in their intellectual property law concentration, and their Co-op program. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do after law school, but I'm thinking about going back into the Army as a JAG Corps attorney if I make the cut. This is one of the most important decisions of my life and I'm trying to make it in the next two weeks lol. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Respectfully
John

MURPH

Re: Penn State vs Drexel

Postby MURPH » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:32 am

I'd vote for Penn State,( though I might be biased. I was undergrad class of 97). Penn is established, Drexel is brand new. They seem hungry and eager to achieve great things but it is still uncharted waters. The difference in debt is not going to matter too much if you secure a nice job. I would think that Penn state will have more job contacts as far as alumni and small/medium sized firms in PA that have hired from PSU before.

As far as getting back into the military... really !/? Let them pay for law school. I assume you have a post 9-11 GI Bill if you were in before. What is making you want to go back? The economy? I am sitting here trying to think of what they could offer me to go back. I haven't thought of anything yet.

DonReady

Re: Penn State vs Drexel

Postby DonReady » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:22 pm

Go with PSU. Not sure what you'd need to qualify for JAG in terms of courses to study in school so I'll assume either PSU or Drexel can fill those needs. If you want stay in the private sector, PSU offers more opportunities and a massive alumni base vs. Drexel. I got a generous offer from Drexel too but felt they were still a few more years away in terms of brand name for such a commitment of time and my future success. Thanks for your service to our country, BTW.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”