Put in wrong thread before- Law school or wait? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bigmnstyle

Bronze

Put in wrong thread before- Law school or wait?

Post by bigmnstyle » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 pm

I have already applied to all my schools and still have a lot of pending decisions but all the schools I applied to are in Cali and my top choice is Southwestern. I was offered 17 k to Whittier and it would be sticker price at Southwestern. I don't want to take out 110k in loans for Southwestern and some more for living expenses.

Should I take a year off and work a year make some money and try to raise my lsat score from 156 to 160 over that year.... already have taken it twice so only one more shot! OR just go to law school pay the sticker price and work ass off.

ALSO: does anyone know any jobs that can help defray the cost of tuition besides the Army and Peace corp and or just know of a good one year job or other suggestions for that year? I am a finance major but am pretty late in the cycle for applying to jobs. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

voice of reason

Bronze

Re: Put in wrong thread before- Law school or wait?

Post by voice of reason » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:33 pm

I would wait. As a finance major you should be employable now (though, of course, the job market is terrible). The cost/reward balance for Southwestern and Whittier are not very favorable, even with that scholarship. Work, earn some money, get some experience, and see if you can boost your LSAT and open up more options. Law school admissions may be less competitive in a year if the economy improves.

bigmnstyle

Bronze

Re: Put in wrong thread before- Law school or wait?

Post by bigmnstyle » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Cool, appreciate it sir

Return to “Choosing a Law School”