Is Penn in decline?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
irishman86

Is Penn in decline?

Postby irishman86 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:00 pm

According to the most recent biglaw placement, it's now dropped down to 8th for biglaw employment prospects, and it doesn't seem to have any new projects or construction going on. Not many seem to care about Penn on TLS either. It also has one of the worst LRAPs out of the top 14 so the students can't turn to PI since the biglaw crash to pay the bills.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108528

awesomepossum

Re: Is Penn in decline?

Postby awesomepossum » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm more in fear of Yale's decline.

irishman86

Postby irishman86 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 pm

awesomepossum wrote:I'm more in fear of Yale's decline.

According to the most recent employment stats, it looks like Stanford is overtaking that TTT.

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 pm

irishman86 wrote:According to the most recent biglaw placement, it's now dropped down to 8th for biglaw employment prospects, and it doesn't seem to have any new projects or construction going on. Not many seem to care about Penn on TLS either. It also has one of the worst LRAPs out of the top 14 so the students can't turn to PI since the biglaw crash to pay the bills.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108528

I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but lest someone who doesn't know any better should happened across that bolded statement:
Penn is at the end of a total reconstruction of the entire law school. They're just starting on the last of the four buildings now. Also, they've recently (relatively speaking) added at least one pretty neat clinic for legislative stuff, and have upped/are upping the faculty size by 50% while (I believe) keeping the student body size largely stable.

http://www.law.upenn.edu/about/newbuilding/

edit - maybe I shouldn't have bumped this; I see now it was from yesterday.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”