GW scholarship or GULC? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
marguerite

New

GW scholarship or GULC?

Post by marguerite » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm having a really hard time choosing between a significant scholarship at GW (where I completed my undergrad degree - $30,000 yearly plus one year free housing) and Georgetown (no financial info yet, but unlikely to be anywhere near GW's offer). I'm interested in international law.

If money wasn't an issue, I would choose GULC - the program obviously has a higher ranking and I would love to go to a school I haven't previously attended. On the other hand, money is an issue. Then again, if my ability to get a job is significantly boosted at GULC (and I'm well-rounded having attended more than just one school in my university career) maybe it evens out? I would really love some advice.

LawyerToBe123

New

Re: GW scholarship or GULC?

Post by LawyerToBe123 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:06 pm

1L at GW. If you're 100% set on a career in DC and am confident you can do decently well (and considering you got into GULC, you probably can, everyone I know here who took a scholarship at GW ended up doing pretty well first semester) then GW. Anything else, then GULC. PM me and I can give you more info.

chocho

New

Re: GW scholarship or GULC?

Post by chocho » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:12 pm

this may not be too valuable of info, but my best friend had the same decision as you. his reasoning was ITE choosing the money was simply the better idea, especially since the 'worse' school in this case is GW, which is a extremely excellent school, I kno personally I would go to GW too, if you think about it, gw is really a top 20 school, and georgetown is a top 14 school, 6 spots doesnt seem worth the money to me. but then again what do i know, im only an astronaut.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”