Rutgers Camden

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
themasterpiece1

Rutgers Camden

Postby themasterpiece1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:09 am

How are the job prospects for Rutgers Camden? Anyone who went there have any input on this?

My two top choices are Rutgers Camden and Rutgers Newark. Got a better scholarship from Camden. Should I email Newark to see if they will match it?

I read that Newark surpasses Camden in terms of job prospects due to the proximity to NYC, is this true? I don't mind working/living in the north/south jersey area so location is not a big deal. However, job prospects is a big issue for me and I would like to attend the school that opens more opportunities for me.

I was leaning towards Camden because of the better scholarship but if Newark offers better opportunities then I would pay more to go there.

Which type of law are Rutgers Newark and Camden known for? I know Newark has some great clinics but not sure what Camden has to offer. Looking for more info on both (read their profiles on TLS).

Aristone

Re: Rutgers Camden

Postby Aristone » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 am

Hey...I didnt go to Rutgers-Camden, but know a TON about the school. The job prospects are akin to Villanova and Temple...aka top 10% for biglaw, etc. Rutgers-N is probably about the same (though may be faring worse since NY is the apocolypse of law careers right now). Honestly, I wouldn't pay NEAR sticker for either...if you got a substantial scholarship...attend that one.

Please please please reconsisder paying more than $50k for either school. Job prospects are terrible, peoplen are miserable. See Tempt attorney's blog and so forth. I went to a much better school...and only landed ok after a year+ of searching and it required a huge contact. Sorry not trying to be a donnie downer...but just being realistic.

themasterpiece1

Re: Rutgers Camden

Postby themasterpiece1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:01 am

realistic is exactly what I am looking for :)

I expect to come out of Camden with about 35k in debt while in Newark I would have 45k in debt. Should I email Newark asking them to see if they can give me a better scholarship or match Camden? Is it ok to ask such a thing? If so, how exactly should I word it?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”