drexel..is it worth it???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
howie

drexel..is it worth it???

Postby howie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:32 pm

I was accepted in Drexel with $$. There are several things that I like about it. First of all the staff and the faculty seem to to be extremely approachable. The co-op program seems awesome and another door opener. I like the philly area, I have friends in the area, as well as, the programs offered by the school. That being said its a new school, with no alumni, i afraid getting a job may be difficult and after all that is why i am going to law school. I understand alumni is huge in placing jobs, also not the only thing, but extremely influential. Plus aside from Penn, I would be competing with Nova, Temple, and rutgers-camden for jobs. Any advise would be appreciated it

rw2264

Re: drexel..is it worth it???

Postby rw2264 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:40 am

what are your other options? there's always competition for jobs from other (better) law schools... but with $$, it might be worth it compared to other places at sticker. the question is, how much does saving money now (and making less later) matter to you?

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:46 am

Depends, who's paying for it?

pany1985

Postby pany1985 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:48 am

What are you looking to do after law school?

If biglaw's what you're after, you're gonna be facing a lot of competition from multiple better-regarded schools with bigger alumni bases... plus, it seems like Philly's legal sector's been hit hard by the recession, so all that competition will be for a pretty small number of jobs. It's not impossible, of course, and maybe Drexel is still your best option, but it's just a tough time and place if that's your ambition.

Damn, it sounds so depressing when I put it like that...

But yeah, if you're not looking to do biglaw and you want to stay in/near Philly (and haven't gotten into Temple or gotten money from Villanova), Drexel might not be a bad choice.

howie

Postby howie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:23 pm

well i am considering, Seton hall, miami, and denver(all with $) and all about equal aside from cost of living, and got into nova but no cash. I mean if i though nova in the long run would be better than i would go for it, but i am jsut not sure if it will be. plus nova is expensive to begin with. And i am paying for it

Return to “Choosing a Law School”