Minnesota $$ vs. Fordham $0

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Minnesota (60K) vs. Fordham (Sticker)

Minnesota/ Be Poor
90%
Fordham/ Live in a Cardboard Box
10%

Total votes: 20

aksharmabsc

Minnesota $$ vs. Fordham $0

Postby aksharmabsc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:51 pm

I've been reading a lot of your posts about Fordham and how they're relatively stingy with their money. I've also been reading that they do well with job placements in NY and around the country. With that said, I've also been reading how craptastic the market is and how we're all going to be working at the local deli with all of our debt. So my question is should I be going to Minnesota or NY? I know everyone says "go to law school where you want to live" but I don't really have a preference for either. Any ideas? thanks for your help.

rw2264

Re: Minnesota $$ vs. Fordham $0

Postby rw2264 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:55 am

minnesota. COL in new york is fucking insane... if you have no preference, pick somewhere cheap.

also, fordham does ok with job placement but it also competes heavily with NYU, CLS and literally every other law school in the country.

Xiaolong

Postby Xiaolong » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:12 am

aksharmabsc wrote:I've been reading a lot of your posts about Fordham and how they're relatively stingy with their money. I've also been reading that they do well with job placements in NY and around the country. With that said, I've also been reading how craptastic the market is and how we're all going to be working at the local deli with all of our debt. So my question is should I be going to Minnesota or NY? I know everyone says "go to law school where you want to live" but I don't really have a preference for either. Any ideas? thanks for your help.

Minnesota all the way. Fordham is stingy (15K max merit money) and COL in NY is insane. Fordham places well in New York, but thats about it. I have never heard of Fordham being a school with national reach.

If you don't care about debt, then obviously for many people NYC is a more attractive option. Academically I see both schools on par.

timertimer61

Postby timertimer61 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:34 am

i think i would choose fordham. i believe it has much better job placement in the nlj250 and more prestigious firmss

Return to “Choosing a Law School”