plz help!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
youikky

plz help!

Postby youikky » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:13 pm

so far 3 schools on my hand.

Pepperdine (sticker), Hofstra ($35,000/yr) and Penn state ($20,000/yr)

I'm torn between living in CA and NY but assuming that location is not a decision factor, which school is the right one for me, considering primarily on job prospects upon graduation?

there are 3 more schools to wait, BC, Brooklyn and Loyola(LA). If somehow I get accepted by all of these what would be my best choice? I know I’m being unrealistic here especially when there are no specific information on scholarships or admissions yet, but hypothetically and purely on job prospects I'd love to hear any opinion on this..

I'm not up for big law or anything expecting just ordinary lawyering after graduation regarding business, trade or international law.

please, please please help!

amped

Re: plz help!

Postby amped » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:19 pm

youikky wrote:so far 3 schools on my hand.

Pepperdine (sticker), Hofstra ($35,000/yr) and Penn state ($20,000/yr)

I'm torn between living in CA and NY but assuming that location is not a decision factor, which school is the right one for me, considering primarily on job prospects upon graduation?

there are 3 more schools to wait, BC, Brooklyn and Loyola(LA). If somehow I get accepted by all of these what would be my best choice? I know I’m being unrealistic here especially when there are no specific information on scholarships or admissions yet, but hypothetically and purely on job prospects I'd love to hear any opinion on this..

I'm not up for big law or anything expecting just ordinary lawyering after graduation regarding business, trade or international law.

please, please please help!

1) International law is not really a field, and you are extremely unlikely to have an international practice coming from any of these schools. So I'd take that out of the equation.

2) Where are you from, and where did you go to college? Your job prospects at each of these schools will be greatly impacted by this. If you were born and raised in Jersey, went to college in PA, then go to LS in CA you are going to have a tough time getting a job there (especially from a school like Pepperdine or Loyola). I would advise staying in an area where you have connections and exploiting them.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”