Choose between USC, WUSTL, Emory, UIUC, and W&M

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which would you choose (not based on COA or scholarship)?

W&M
7%
USC
48%
WUSTL
27%
Emory
12%
UIUC
7%

Total votes: 147

musicfor18

Re: Choose between USC, WUSTL, Emory, UIUC, and W&M

Postby musicfor18 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 am

Please remember to write some comments as to why you made your choice in the poll. It would be very helpful to me. Thanks!

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:28 am

bump

ShaBam84

Postby ShaBam84 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:08 pm

I am a rising 2L at WashU. If you want to practice in the Midwest then this is the right school for you. USC clearly wins in placement for the LA and San Francisco markets.
The poster that claims only two firms come here is clearly an idiot. Dean Spivey, of career services, really hustles for us all across the country. I am from California and he has personally got me contacts in San Francisco. I also have numerous classmates with Chicago ties that will be getting good experience in Chicago this summer. Judges in the Midwest love us.
Coming from California I can also speak to an extraordinary difference in the quality of life in Saint Louis. People are friendlier, things are cheaper and winters suck balls. Spring and early summer so far the weather has been great, I say that the are provides potential for outdoor fun on par with LA.
I can't speculate on the schools future rankings because I can't say I honestly understand the numbers well enough. I am a big believer in looking at a law schools endowment for predicting its potential, especially with Syverud behind the wheel.
Anyways back to write on competition.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”