Some help please

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
renee1693

Some help please

Postby renee1693 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:16 pm

So it's basically come down to five schools for me:

GW, UF, Illinois, Wash and Lee, and Wash U. I'm a florida resident so UF would be cheaper but I would really prefer not to go to UF as I don't want to live in florida ever again and I've never been a big fan. Illinois gave me a substantial scholarship, and Wash U and Wash and Lee gave me some money as well but I don't know too much about those schools. I would be paying sticker price for GW but I love DC, would want to live/work there and am considering international law.

Basically everywhere else gave me some money, but I really do love the idea of George Washington. Opinions, anyone?

Chromakey

Re: Some help please

Postby Chromakey » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:31 pm

renee1693 wrote:So it's basically come down to five schools for me:

GW, UF, Illinois, Wash and Lee, and Wash U. I'm a florida resident so UF would be cheaper but I would really prefer not to go to UF as I don't want to live in florida ever again and I've never been a big fan. Illinois gave me a substantial scholarship, and Wash U and Wash and Lee gave me some money as well but I don't know too much about those schools. I would be paying sticker price for GW but I love DC, would want to live/work there and am considering international law.

Basically everywhere else gave me some money, but I really do love the idea of George Washington. Opinions, anyone?

How much is some money? Without knowing at least ballpark figures, it might be hard to soundly judge your situation. I'd carefully consider paying sticker for GW, as you will be competing with Georgetown (and to some extent UVA) grads for DC jobs. The COL in DC is also extremely high. However, my understanding is that WUSTL's placement diminishes significantly outside of the mid-west and W&L didn't have a particularly good showing from DC firms at OCI, so if you are DC or bust that might seal the deal for GW.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”