One night stand motivating me to not go to a NYC school... Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Gunz353

Bronze

One night stand motivating me to not go to a NYC school...

Post by Gunz353 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:51 pm

I am a born and raised New Yorker that has been struggling with leaving the area when it comes to law school, so this experience helped my decision a bit. So, this is a really off color tale, but the experience made me second guess my plans. I had a one night stand with a second year associate who works at Hughes & Hubbard in NYC. (I picked up all their info in the cab ride to their place by the way) We get to their place in Chelsea, and it was a real dump of a one bedroom. I was expecting a little more, even despite the out of control rent in Chelsea. The "date" in question seemed so depressed and hateful of their life. When I brought up the fact that I was going to law school, and asked about their job, they were not inclined to discuss at all and simply told me that I better go to the best ranked school I could get into and then threw me down on the bed. To end this story, the sex was horrendous and when I tried to leave they begged me to stay the night. I bolted. If this is what associate life in NYC is potentially like, I think I'll be okay with life outside NYC. Eeeek! Let the judgment and scathing remarks commence...

chicoalto0649

Silver

Re: One night stand motivating me to not go to a NYC school...

Post by chicoalto0649 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 pm

So in btl

And I've lived in NYC, it aint that great and it aint that glamorous.

Midwest for the quality of life win

Details are a little bogus in this story.

OP: How did you meet the person in question.
Last edited by chicoalto0649 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icydash

Bronze

Post by icydash » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:55 pm

what law school did she go to?

thedogship

Bronze

Post by thedogship » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:55 pm

Yawn.

You met one loser/bad-hookup so being a lawyer in new york is terrible and it's better other places. ok, that makes sense.

Gunz353

Bronze

Post by Gunz353 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Michigan

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:57 pm

I think their advice was solid though.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:57 pm

Gunz353 wrote:Michigan

There's you're problem right there..... HYS-CCN for hookups in big cities dawg

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 pm

Gunz353 wrote:I am a born and raised New Yorker that has been struggling with leaving the area when it comes to law school, so this experience helped my decision a bit. So, this is a really off color tale, but the experience made me second guess my plans. I had a one night stand with a second year associate who works at Hughes & Hubbard in NYC. (I picked up all their info in the cab ride to their place by the way) We get to their place in Chelsea, and it was a real dump of a one bedroom. I was expecting a little more, even despite the out of control rent in Chelsea. The "date" in question seemed so depressed and hateful of their life. When I brought up the fact that I was going to law school, and asked about their job, they were not inclined to discuss at all and simply told me that I better go to the best ranked school I could get into and then threw me down on the bed. To end this story, the sex was horrendous and when I tried to leave they begged me to stay the night. I bolted. If this is what associate life in NYC is potentially like, I think I'll be okay with life outside NYC. Eeeek! Let the judgment and scathing remarks commence...
Were their two of them? If not, just say he.

so_confused

New

Post by so_confused » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:00 am

ccs224 wrote:
Gunz353 wrote:I am a born and raised New Yorker that has been struggling with leaving the area when it comes to law school, so this experience helped my decision a bit. So, this is a really off color tale, but the experience made me second guess my plans. I had a one night stand with a second year associate who works at Hughes & Hubbard in NYC. (I picked up all their info in the cab ride to their place by the way) We get to their place in Chelsea, and it was a real dump of a one bedroom. I was expecting a little more, even despite the out of control rent in Chelsea. The "date" in question seemed so depressed and hateful of their life. When I brought up the fact that I was going to law school, and asked about their job, they were not inclined to discuss at all and simply told me that I better go to the best ranked school I could get into and then threw me down on the bed. To end this story, the sex was horrendous and when I tried to leave they begged me to stay the night. I bolted. If this is what associate life in NYC is potentially like, I think I'll be okay with life outside NYC. Eeeek! Let the judgment and scathing remarks commence...
hahaha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Abrikos

New

Post by Abrikos » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am

Last edited by Abrikos on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

T14_Scholly

Bronze

Post by T14_Scholly » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:02 am

cool
Last edited by T14_Scholly on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:03 am

so_confused wrote:
ccs224 wrote:
hahaha
Hahaha but true. Us gays are the only ones who would ever try to use ambiguous (and grammatically incorrect) pronouns so consistently. It's a dead giveaway.

Don't be shady, Gunz.
Also, yes I know that it should be there not their above.

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:03 am

Smart girl = bad lay

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Me-a Culpa

Bronze

Post by Me-a Culpa » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:06 am

and there we have it.... I'd really enjoy reading a psychoanalytical professional opinion of this and the motivation behind it. projecting insecurities? Narcissistic personality disorder?

It might be a "flame", but that is unimportant. It's the "why"? Why write this? What is the motivation, what is the gain?

fortissimo

Silver

Post by fortissimo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:08 am

Last edited by fortissimo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

erniesto

Bronze

Post by erniesto » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:08 am

Why would you hook up with a lawyer? They're the most boring people alive. Not to mention you don't ever shit in the pantry. And this wasn't even a cougar IE: partner, senior associate. EPIC FAIL.

You should have bolted as soon as you learned they were an associate. That was such a TTT decision.
Last edited by erniesto on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

cicely101

New

Post by cicely101 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:09 am

Me-a Culpa wrote:
and there we have it.... I'd really enjoy reading a psychoanalytical professional opinion of this and the motivation behind it. projecting insecurities? Narcissistic personality disorder?

It might be a "flame", but that is unimportant. It's the "why"? Why write this? What is the motivation, what is the gain?

Agreed....you didn't even mention the schools that you are considering leaving NYC for. If you don't provide that info... honey we can't help you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fortissimo

Silver

Post by fortissimo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 am

Last edited by fortissimo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

so_confused

New

Post by so_confused » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 am

rockchalk86 wrote:Smart girl = bad lay
I disagree.

I think the case here is:

Smart man = horrendous lay

so_confused

New

Post by so_confused » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:11 am

ccs224 wrote:
so_confused wrote:
ccs224 wrote:
hahaha
Hahaha but true. Us gays are the only ones who would ever try to use ambiguous (and grammatically incorrect) pronouns so consistently. It's a dead giveaway.

Don't be shady, Gunz.
Also, yes I know that it should be there not their above.
I'm sorry for the redundancy: but "hahahaha"

Me-a Culpa

Bronze

Post by Me-a Culpa » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:20 am

fortissimo wrote:Virgin who wants to get laid and pretends to have (sexual) power?
I was thinking this.... among many others. Claiming the sex was horrendous piqued my curiosity.

I have a mental picture of this geeky kid that's sex life is highlighted by masturbation.... and this makes him feel better. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gunz353

Bronze

Post by Gunz353 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:21 am

Haha this certainly grabbed up alot of fun comments...alright, IM GAY! I SAID IT! hahaha

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:25 am

Gunz353 wrote:Haha this certainly grabbed up alot of fun comments...alright, IM GAY! I SAID IT! hahaha

Would be a way better story if it was some girl/girl action....

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
Gunz353 wrote:Haha this certainly grabbed up alot of fun comments...alright, IM GAY! I SAID IT! hahaha

Except that it would end up with them moving in together, forgoing sex, and raising an adopted chinese child in Park Slope.

cicely101

New

Post by cicely101 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 am

ccs224 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

Except that it would end up with them moving in together, forgoing sex, and raising an adopted chinese child in Park Slope.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”