A questions about retaking and waitlists

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jarofsoup

A questions about retaking and waitlists

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

I have not had the best luck with sitting for the tests. The first time I took the test I got a 145, second a 154, third I canceled I didnt sleep the night before. My GPA is 3.25 which is low but not dooming. However, I score high in practice tests under strict conditions and would have scored high if I slept the night before the last test. I am registered for the june test and I took a practice test today and scored a 165. Which is what I was scoring before the December test that I canceled. I probably could have scored higher, but I have lost a lot of speed in logic games that I once had and couldnt answer the last six questions, but everything I got to I got right. I expect to get this speed back before June.

I am wait listed at USF and with my numbers if I get a admitted it is probably pure luck. What I am worrying about is if I get admitted and I end up scoring in the 160s in June what do I do. If I get over 160 or even a couple points higher then a 154 I probably would not need to pay sticker and could go to a higher ranked school. However, I would be happy at USF. If I withdraw after accepting an offer of admission do I just loose my deposits? What happens?

voice of reason

Re: A questions about retaking and waitlists

Postby voice of reason » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 am

If you withdraw after paying a deposit, typically you lose the deposit. However, I don't think they are regarded as ethically binding commitments to enroll; you aren't going to be blacklisted by LSAC for forfeiting your deposit. Check the wording of the the enrollment form for USF, though.

If you retake the LSAT and score in the 160s, you might want to consider reapplying next year to get into a better school and/or get a scholarship offer.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:15 am

please retake and apply latter. w/ those numbers you are looking at paying sticker at some scary schools.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:46 pm

yeahhh thanks for the info! I am hoping to score higher

Return to “Choosing a Law School”