PLEASE HELP!!!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Lonestar87

PLEASE HELP!!!

Postby Lonestar87 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi Guys!!!

I did some re-calculation of my grades and used the LSDAS formula and I am really getting killed when I aspire to go to a t20. Norhtwestern, Cornell and U Tex (I am instate so 67% admissions) and Upenn. My GPA is calculating to be like 2.4 on that scale when I really have a cumalative of 2.81 undergrad with a lot of Community College messups....the reason why my GPA tanked is because of withdrawals on the LSDAS scale. Well, before I continue....I have a 170 lsat and a 4.0GPA in grad school. The reason why I had a low GPA in college was mainly due to the fact that my father had some SEVERE heart issues and he could not work anymore and I had to step in. I have all documentations and I will write a great PS. Diversity was going to be my PS, as I have lived in Canada, USA and India and I really want to incorporate my highs and lows. I am a Asian Minority and I also have 7 years of retail leadership experience and I am only 23. What should I do and are there any recommendations? My lsat is good and I have a great graduate school GPA; hence, now I am not working, father is better and I am more mature.....how will law schools look at me? Also LSAT is 170....

THANKS!
Last edited by Lonestar87 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kohinoor

Re: LSDAS GPA KILLER!!!

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 pm

I don't think Asians get URM status and law school don't care about your graduate school GPA.

pleasetryagain

Re: LSDAS GPA KILLER!!!

Postby pleasetryagain » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:34 pm

and work on your grammar

bees

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

Postby bees » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:36 pm

And you've already posted about this asking for help. Actually in a number of threads asking about Grad GPAs and if Asians are considered URMs. Maybe the answers will be different this time around.

Lonestar87

Postby Lonestar87 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Dear BEES:

I am sorry, but things have changed unexpectedly and I really not trying to be a burden. Correct facts present correct feedback. I am absolutely new to the law school applying business and I am just trying to get my ducks in line. Again, I apologize and this will be my last post regarding this matter....

Thank you for your cooperation and help.

-Nick

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:41 pm

I didn't really know a 2.81 could "tank."

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 pm

bees wrote:And you've already posted about this asking for help. Actually in a number of threads asking about Grad GPAs and if Asians are considered URMs. Maybe the answers will be different this time around.

Nope. I still think he has about 3-4 more postings in him before the tide turns and we all start agreeing he's a shoe-in to crack Penn at the very least.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 pm

eskimo wrote:I didn't really know a 2.81 could "tank."

Ever seen submarines fight?

Lonestar87

Postby Lonestar87 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Please just answer to the best of your ability....

2.81 is tanked I agree....but withdrawals are even a big drain. I never suggested high excellence on my ugpa. LSAT is good and so is grad gpa. So please don't throw unnecessary sarcasm.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Lonestar87 wrote:Dear BEES:

I am sorry, but things have changed unexpectedly and I really not trying to be a burden. Correct facts present correct feedback. I am absolutely new to the law school applying business and I am just trying to get my ducks in line. Again, I apologize and this will be my last post regarding this matter....

Thank you for your cooperation and help.

-Nick

Listen..... Nick. Believe it or not, everyone is trying to shoot you straight here. Few, if ANY 2.4's crack the T-14. It just doesn't happen regardless of your diversity or PS statements. You can look at LSN and other sources to confirm this.

On the other hand, a 170 is still a great score and you still have a decent chance of cracking the T50. Feel free to apply to all, if you wish, but I've been here over a year now and I've never heard of a 2.4 cracking into those heights. Enjoy and be thankful for what you do qualify for and move on.

BigFatPanda

Postby BigFatPanda » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:49 pm

I am sorry to tell u this but grad schools are more or less money making enterprise who takes your money and will most likely give u grades that are B+ or above. Thus, it really does not help you in any meaningful manner, given your LSDAS GPA.

Further, with a 2.4 GPA, none of the top 20 schools will be a viable option for you. Even Northwestern has its limit and your work experience does not appear to be remotely in the ball park of being respectable in its eyes (Sorry). Nonetheless, i would encourage you to apply to Northwestern but i would not recommend that you burn your money on other T20s.

Maybe transfer during your 2L if your 1L grades are stellar would be a more feasible option.

psss, if you "NEED HELP" next time, call 911.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:52 pm

You're not getting into a T20 law school with a 2.4/170. You're not a URM. No one cares about your 4.0 grad GPA. Your English also sucks worse than tech support at Indian call centers. Are you going to keep posting and reposting until you get different answers? :roll:

BigFatPanda

Postby BigFatPanda » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:04 am

im_blue wrote:Your English also sucks worse than tech support at Indian call centers. :roll:

Some Indians do speak with British accent.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”