Which Penn State Campus? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
SoxyPirate

Bronze

Re: Which Penn State Campus?

Post by SoxyPirate » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:50 pm

The Pen Is Mightier wrote:
Scurredsitless1 wrote:Carlisle is about 125 miles outside philly, it's not really a "philly campus". More like "Harrisburg Campus".
No, there's definitely a Philly campus. I'm pretty sure it has it's own application process but I'm positive its tied to the Penn State system. they have a slightly different curriculum too, with a cross disciplinary focus and such. Other than that, I've heard good things about the campus, resources and overall quality of life, though to be fair, every once in awhile, a couple of guys who are up to no good started makin trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said you're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air. I whistled for the cab and when it came near, the lisence plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could see that this cab was rare but I thought nah forget it, yo homes to Bel Air! But seriously, Philly campus is sweet.
Holy shit! I just got it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, you're talking about Penn, as in the University of Pennsylvania! They're in Philadelphia. The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law is located in State College, PA and Carlisle, PA.

LOL. People mess that up all the time, but they're different schools! Penn is top-10 and Penn State is 65, but climbing in the rankings. So you never know! Maybe they'll catch up one day.

LOL.

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:57 pm

Scurredsitless1 wrote:Carlisle is about 125 miles outside philly, it's not really a "philly campus". More like "Harrisburg Campus".
No, there's definitely a Philly campus. I'm pretty sure it has it's own application process but I'm positive its tied to the Penn State system. they have a slightly different curriculum too, with a cross disciplinary focus and such. Other than that, I've heard good things about the campus, resources and overall quality of life, though to be fair, every once in awhile, a couple of guys who are up to no good started makin trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said you're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air. I whistled for the cab and when it came near, the lisence plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could see that this cab was rare but I thought nah forget it, yo homes to Bel Air! But seriously, Philly campus is sweet.
I was admitted to the philly campus; do you know if they offer tuition breaks for instate?

SoxyPirate

Bronze

Post by SoxyPirate » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

SoxyPirate wrote:
Holy shit! I just got it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, you're talking about Penn, as in the University of Pennsylvania! They're in Philadelphia. The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law is located in State College, PA and Carlisle, PA.

LOL. People mess that up all the time, but they're different schools! Penn is top-10 and Penn State is 65, but climbing in the rankings. So you never know! Maybe they'll catch up one day.

LOL.
And by that, I mean "we all knew what you were doing from the start, ass hole. No need to keep playing it up with the one person who gave you the benefit of the doubt in a thread about the school you're trying to mock."

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:00 pm

TITCR

The Pen Is Mightier

Bronze

Post by The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:02 pm

SoxyPirate wrote:

LOL.
I think you're mistaken. University of Pennsylvania State University-West Philly, while seperate from the Penn State flagship campus, is a very highly regarded local commuter school. Rather than Big-10 conference, its athletics teams compete in the Big-5 conference against schools like St. Joes. Because this conference does not receive an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament, UPenn State competes with schools such as Dartmouth and Harvard for the Ivy League's championship, although the school itself is not an official member.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

The Pen Is Mightier

Bronze

Post by The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:07 pm

SoxyPirate wrote: And by that, I mean "we all knew what you were doing from the start, ass hole. No need to keep playing it up with the one person who gave you the benefit of the doubt in a thread about the school you're trying to mock."
I am in no way trying to mock the school this thread is about. My sincerest apologies if you feel that I've done so.

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:30 pm

SoxyPirate wrote:

LOL.
I think you're mistaken. University of Pennsylvania State University-West Philly, while seperate from the Penn State flagship campus, is a very highly regarded local commuter school. Rather than Big-10 conference, its athletics teams compete in the Big-5 conference against schools like St. Joes. Because this conference does not receive an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament, UPenn State competes with schools such as Dartmouth and Harvard for the Ivy League's championship, although the school itself is not an official member.
Yea but one of their players is like an enormous ball hog and they play on rims that are like 8 feet. Further I think that star player, his mom became a completely different person, like she was actually replaced by another person who became his mom, at one point when he was like 17 and literally nobody noticed it happening.

The Pen Is Mightier

Bronze

Post by The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:00 pm

champ33 wrote:
Yea but one of their players is like an enormous ball hog and they play on rims that are like 8 feet. Further I think that star player, his mom became a completely different person, like she was actually replaced by another person who became his mom, at one point when he was like 17 and literally nobody noticed it happening.
I have also heard about this.

So since UPenn State-West Philly is (a) located in a neighborhood where merely throwing a basketball off of the wrong person's head will get you spun around until you are very dizzy, (b) in an athletic conference so utterly dominated by Villanova that its sports teams are at best competing for second place and (3) clearly a front for a pod person invasion, per champ's above, I think it is abundantly clear that the superior Penn State Law School campus is either University Park or Carlisle.

End thread. You're welcome.

Jones, Dow

Bronze

Post by Jones, Dow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:08 pm

hold on. isn't penn state run by the quakers? they never would have let marvin harrison play for them...i am so confused right now.

and why are people making fun of penn state with with penn comments anyway? from what i heard, penn––not penn state––is the safety school for all the people that go to princeton. you guys need to get your facts straight, cause even if you're trying to joke, you analogies suck. and there's nothing worse in legal reasoning than a false analogy.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

The Pen Is Mightier

Bronze

Post by The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Jones, Dow wrote:hold on. isn't penn state run by the quakers? they never would have let marvin harrison play for them...i am so confused right now.

My baller friend, allow me to clarify. There are, as the title of this thread suggests, several Penn State University Law campuses.

While I am unfamilliar with the ones in University Park and Carlisle, I have been weighing in on the climate of the West Philadelphia campus, which, I can assure you, is a part of the Pennsylvania State University system. Your confusion most likely arose when I brought up UPenn State-West Philly's athletics, which are admittedly less well known than and inferior to the Nittnay Lions of Penn State's flagship campus. Please see my above posts for clarification on their somewhat murky conference affiliations.

As far as being run by the Quakers, I believe that UPenn State-West Philly cut its ties with the Society of Friends in 1971 when it was absorbed into the state university system. You may take issue with certain aspects of my legal reasoning acumen, but I do know that there exists in this country a separation of church and state. It's in the AmericaBible or something.

As for this Marvin Harrison, I am unfamilliar with his works but I can only infer that he is the gentleman to whom champ33 was referring. And the Quakers would undoubtedly look down upon a person whose mother is an alien Pod Person invader set on destroying the hu-mon race. But, since the school is no longer under the watch of that church, I'm sure the neo-fascist laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania contain some provision that prevents UPenn State-West Philly from barring such a threat to humanity from playing on its basketball squad.

Clear now?

Jones, Dow

Bronze

Post by Jones, Dow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Jones, Dow wrote:hold on. isn't penn state run by the quakers? they never would have let marvin harrison play for them...i am so confused right now.

My baller friend, allow me to clarify. There are, as the title of this thread suggests, several Penn State University Law campuses.

While I am unfamilliar with the ones in University Park and Carlisle, I have been weighing in on the climate of the West Philadelphia campus, which, I can assure you, is a part of the Pennsylvania State University system. Your confusion most likely arose when I brought up UPenn State-West Philly's athletics, which are admittedly less well known than and inferior to the Nittnay Lions of Penn State's flagship campus. Please see my above posts for clarification on their somewhat murky conference affiliations.

As far as being run by the Quakers, I believe that UPenn State-West Philly cut its ties with the Society of Friends in 1971 when it was absorbed into the state university system. You may take issue with certain aspects of my legal reasoning acumen, but I do know that there exists in this country a separation of church and state. It's in the AmericaBible or something.

As for this Marvin Harrison, I am unfamilliar with his works but I can only infer that he is the gentleman to whom champ33 was referring. And the Quakers would undoubtedly look down upon a person whose mother is an alien Pod Person invader set on destroying the hu-mon race. But, since the school is no longer under the watch of that church, I'm sure the neo-fascist laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania contain some provision that prevents UPenn State-West Philly from barring such a threat to humanity from playing on its basketball squad.

Clear now?
you are such an idiot. every single church in this country is located in at least one of the 50 states. in fact, i LIVE in pennsylvania and i GO TO CHURCH in the very same state (i.e., Pennsylvania).

The Pen Is Mightier

Bronze

Post by The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Jones, Dow wrote:
you are such an idiot. every single church in this country is located in at least one of the 50 states. in fact, i LIVE in pennsylvania and i GO TO CHURCH in the very same state (i.e., Pennsylvania).
You live in Pennsylvania???

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! THERE ARE POD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:23 pm

He should probably move to Bel Air.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:34 pm

Jones, Dow wrote:
You live in Pennsylvania???

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! THERE ARE POD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
Congrats on having my favorite screenname/avatar combo. Ding Ding!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”