In at Temple

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
T14Dreaming

In at Temple

Postby T14Dreaming » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:26 pm

I was just accepted to Temple's full-time program. Any thoughts about Philly or Temple?

Note: I've been waitlisted at Vanderbilt, GMU, W&L, and UVA
still waiting on William and Mary and Notre Dame

PatriotsPride

Re: In at Temple

Postby PatriotsPride » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Thoughts on Temple:
1) Really good connections in Philadelphia
2) Great in state tuition
3) In a horrible neighborhood, but the campus is safe and most people who go to Temple live throughout the city

Thoughts on Philadelphia:
1) Good cost of living compared to Ny or Dc
2) A lot of nice areas with things to do: bars, rest., museums, etc.

I honestly don't know what you are specifically looking for so I just gave you my general thoughts. If you have anymore questions PM me or post something a little more specific and I will try to answer you. good luck with the rest of your cycle.

T14Dreaming

Postby T14Dreaming » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Patriot I appreciate the response... It seems like every lawyer I know is saying the same thing about Temple.... so i'm pretty happy.

makingwaves

Postby makingwaves » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:31 pm

T14Dreaming wrote:Patriot I appreciate the response... It seems like every lawyer I know is saying the same thing about Temple.... so i'm pretty happy.

I live in NJ but am familiar with Philly... Temple is definitely in a crappy neighborhood. I have a relative that went to UG there and he said the fear of the area is overblown. Take what people say about the danger and such with a grain of salt, you just have to be smart, its Philadelphia, not Amish Country.

That being said, TU has a great reputation in Philly if that's where you're planning on staying after graduation!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”