Penn State $$$ v. University of Denver $$$ v. Santa Clara $ Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Italia8183

New

Penn State $$$ v. University of Denver $$$ v. Santa Clara $

Post by Italia8183 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi All,

I currently live in the south bay and plan to live and practice here long term after law school. However, Santa Clara offered me significantly less $ than Denver and Penn State making it's cost seem, at first glance, cost prohibitive.

I've also been accepted to USD and am currently awaiting scholarship info. Other than the schools I've already mentioned, I'm waiting to hear back from 11 others.

My question is this. If I want to live and practice in the bay area (south bay, peninsula, or SF), is it worth taking on the additional debt of attending Santa Clara rather than going to Denver or Penn State for significantly less and then trying to come back?

Thank you all for any advice you can offer and I wish you all the best of luck with your own admissions cycle!

MURPH

Silver

Re: Penn State $$$ v. University of Denver $$$ v. Santa Clara $

Post by MURPH » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Penn state will not help you get a job in San Francisco. That doesn't mean you can't do it on your own. You could volunteer at a clinic or firm now and apply to work there in the summer after 1L. Also call Penn State and ask if they have alumni in your area. You'll have a lot of networking to do on your own for three years. Get started.

redginseng

New

Re: Penn State $$$ v. University of Denver $$$ v. Santa Clara $

Post by redginseng » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:07 pm

If you want to practice in the bay area, go to SCU.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”