Georgetown sticker vs. Emory 70k

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
acdisagod

Georgetown sticker vs. Emory 70k

Postby acdisagod » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Assuming goal is to work in D.C. or NYC. Also assume no debt out of Emory and around 60 k out of gtown.

ogman05

Re: Georgetown sticker vs. Emory 70k

Postby ogman05 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:26 pm

acdisagod wrote:Assuming goal is to work in D.C. or NYC. Also assume no debt out of Emory and around 60 k out of gtown.

Assuming only 60k debt I would def got to GT over emory for free. 60k is not that big of a difference for a lifetime degree and t14 school. Especially considering you want ny/dc this is a no brainer in that particular case. If the money differential is bigger then that is something else. Even at 80k (after interest) Thats only 8k a year to pay back in ten years. over a legal career of 40 years = 2k year for the better degree. To each his own but thats my opionion.

Bigger question, how are you leaving GT with only 60k debt with no scholly?

vandalvideo

Postby vandalvideo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:34 pm

I'm more curious about whether or not you really received your Emory scholarship offer.

PS: Depends really. Emory is a well respected school in the south. You could get some fantastic jobs in Nashville, Atlanta and Charlotesville.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:42 pm

ogman05 wrote:
acdisagod wrote:Assuming goal is to work in D.C. or NYC. Also assume no debt out of Emory and around 60 k out of gtown.

Assuming only 60k debt I would def got to GT over emory for free. 60k is not that big of a difference for a lifetime degree and t14 school. Especially considering you want ny/dc this is a no brainer in that particular case. If the money differential is bigger then that is something else. Even at 80k (after interest) Thats only 8k a year to pay back in ten years. over a legal career of 40 years = 2k year for the better degree. To each his own but thats my opionion.

Bigger question, how are you leaving GT with only 60k debt with no scholly?

Similar concern here. Vandy at sticker versus Emory with 60k, what would you do?

rapstar

Postby rapstar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:47 pm

have you received the actual emory offer??

Return to “Choosing a Law School”