Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
elliefont
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby elliefont » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:27 pm

SHARK WEEK! wrote:
elliefont wrote:what I hate about (bros/hipsters) is that they think their (baggy/skinny) jeans are look awesome and that (natty light/PBR) is the best, when obviously it's pure shit. The rancid smell of entitlement just drips off em, it's disgusting, don't they bathe? The constant party lifestyle, the groupthink... it's disgusting. I hate (bros/hipsters). I like normals.


But your avatar is so hipster sheik! (PBR is NOT disgusting btw. I have an old clock with the Virgin Mary on the face of the clock and she is wearing a Pabst t-shirt. That proves it is good beer.)


twas meant as parody. I've already been outted as a pbr guzzling hipster sympathizer.

User avatar
Joga Bonito
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby Joga Bonito » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Psuedo-Hipsters>Bro's-non Fratty>>>Hispters>>Non-Fratty Douches>>>>>Frattys>>>preppy's fratty>preppy's non-fratty at least the frat sometimes justifies the preppyness.
Last edited by Joga Bonito on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby The Zeppelin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:41 pm

The rest>>>douchebags.

I'm simple.

User avatar
beesknees
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby beesknees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:41 pm

.
Last edited by beesknees on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:00 pm

ughOSU wrote:
biv0ns wrote:Ok, so if you're not bull shitting me then you simply have some gay brothers. what's your point? all fraternity guys must be repressed homosexuals?

Not frat guys, bros. I mean I'm not sure the point holds up, but if I were in that guy's frat I would probably (a) question why the hell i joined, and (b) whether or not all bros are in fact repressed homosexuals.


I DO wonder why I joined. I fucking hate it. I'm deactivating when I graduate, I wanna leave it behind me. I'm sick of their crap.

User avatar
SHARK WEEK!
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby SHARK WEEK! » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Joga Bonito wrote:Psuedo-Hipsters>Bro's-non Fratty>>>Hispters>>Non-Fratty Douches>>>>>Frattys>>>preppy's fratty>preppy's non-fratty at least the frat sometimes justifies the preppyness.


titcr.

People always treat me like I am a hipster, but I think I am a pseudo-hipster. I like the Cure and I wear a black hoodie pretty much every other day, but I do wear boxer briefs and I do like sports. I am not a hipster nor am I bro. I do consider myself awesome but I realize only my girlfriend and my mom (pretend to) recognize that fact.

SHARK WEEK

User avatar
elliefont
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby elliefont » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:23 pm

beesknees wrote:Who wants to date a guy who will steal your jeans and depress you all the time?


I enjoy skinny boys wearing clothes that fit them. they're not any more depressed than the rest of society, plus they make you amazing mix cds and will ride bikes with you to gallery openings. activities tend to be less gender specific and therefore more inclusive (ie: not getting ditched to watch sports with the boys).

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby whitman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 am

I like sports and I don't care who knows it.

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby Kchuck » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 am

whitman wrote:I like sports and I don't care who knows it.


+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVdca9U9LM

User avatar
elliefont
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby elliefont » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:25 am

whitman wrote:I like sports and I don't care who knows it.


luullllz!

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby scionb4 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:10 pm

elliefont wrote:
beesknees wrote:Who wants to date a guy who will steal your jeans and depress you all the time?


I enjoy skinny boys wearing clothes that fit them. they're not any more depressed than the rest of society, plus they make you amazing mix cds and will ride bikes with you to gallery openings. activities tend to be less gender specific and therefore more inclusive (ie: not getting ditched to watch sports with the boys).


Bold section translated - "I am a wuss." Girls aren't attracted to weenie men any more than guys are to butch girls.

User avatar
SHARK WEEK!
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby SHARK WEEK! » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:58 pm

scionb4 wrote:Girls aren't attracted to weenie men any more than guys are to butch girls.


Not that I am a "weenie", but this statement is completely false. Biopsychologists (and, uh, girls) note that females are attracted to different types of men based on what part of their "cycle" they are on. But by and large, women prefer slimmer men to butch/hulky men. Men themselves however, prefer to be butch/hulky, as they are comparing themselves to other men.

Women prefer an Adrien Brody/Johnny Depp/Orlando Bloom to a Kurt Angle/Body Builder, yet most guys would think that women would prefer the body builder. Virtually all women I've talked to actually think seeing veins in the bicep/having a meaty build is unattractive and "gross". They would prefer a slim build.

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby scionb4 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 pm

SHARK WEEK! wrote:
scionb4 wrote:Girls aren't attracted to weenie men any more than guys are to butch girls.


Not that I am a "weenie", but this statement is completely false. Biopsychologists (and, uh, girls) note that females are attracted to different types of men based on what part of their "cycle" they are on. But by and large, women prefer slimmer men to butch/hulky men. Men themselves however, prefer to be butch/hulky, as they are comparing themselves to other men.

Women prefer an Adrien Brody/Johnny Depp/Orlando Bloom to a Kurt Angle/Body Builder, yet most guys would think that women would prefer the body builder. Virtually all women I've talked to actually think seeing veins in the bicep/having a meaty build is unattractive and "gross". They would prefer a slim build.


I never said girls like "Hulking" guys dumbass. I said girls don't prefer "Weenies." You mentioned Orlando Bloom, he's not exactly a lumberjack, but he ain't a weenie, so girls like him. This is a weenie:

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
SHARK WEEK!
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby SHARK WEEK! » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Well I could beat Orlando Bloom in an arm wrestling match.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:05 pm

scionb4 wrote:
SHARK WEEK! wrote:
scionb4 wrote:Girls aren't attracted to weenie men any more than guys are to butch girls.


Not that I am a "weenie", but this statement is completely false. Biopsychologists (and, uh, girls) note that females are attracted to different types of men based on what part of their "cycle" they are on. But by and large, women prefer slimmer men to butch/hulky men. Men themselves however, prefer to be butch/hulky, as they are comparing themselves to other men.

Women prefer an Adrien Brody/Johnny Depp/Orlando Bloom to a Kurt Angle/Body Builder, yet most guys would think that women would prefer the body builder. Virtually all women I've talked to actually think seeing veins in the bicep/having a meaty build is unattractive and "gross". They would prefer a slim build.


I never said girls like "Hulking" guys dumbass. I said girls don't prefer "Weenies." You mentioned Orlando Bloom, he's not exactly a lumberjack, but he ain't a weenie, so girls like him. This is a weenie:

--ImageRemoved--

No way did you just call Dr. House a weenie.

Props on the Blackadder reference, though.

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby ccs224 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:56 am

Thank god this thread was made. I for one think many hipsters are pretty hot, even if they may look silly out of context. I'm afraid most law school kids will really skeev me out.

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby ccs224 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:18 am

Also, all of page two of this thread skeevs me out. Perhaps it's straight dudes I find distasteful, not just bros. A straight dudes in law school thread would perhaps not be that worthwhile though.

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby scionb4 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:18 pm

ccs224 wrote:Thank god this thread was made. I for one think many hipsters are pretty hot, even if they may look silly out of context. I'm afraid most law school kids will really skeev me out.


I'm not cool enough to know what "skeev" means.

narkizopoint
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby narkizopoint » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

scionb4 wrote:
ccs224 wrote:Thank god this thread was made. I for one think many hipsters are pretty hot, even if they may look silly out of context. I'm afraid most law school kids will really skeev me out.


I'm not cool enough to know what "skeev" means.


+1 me either...

fortissimo
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby fortissimo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:39 pm

SHARK WEEK! wrote:
scionb4 wrote:Girls aren't attracted to weenie men any more than guys are to butch girls.


Not that I am a "weenie", but this statement is completely false. Biopsychologists (and, uh, girls) note that females are attracted to different types of men based on what part of their "cycle" they are on. But by and large, women prefer slimmer men to butch/hulky men. Men themselves however, prefer to be butch/hulky, as they are comparing themselves to other men.

Women prefer an Adrien Brody/Johnny Depp/Orlando Bloom to a Kurt Angle/Body Builder, yet most guys would think that women would prefer the body builder. Virtually all women I've talked to actually think seeing veins in the bicep/having a meaty build is unattractive and "gross". They would prefer a slim build.


This may be because Johnny and Orlando have better faces though. (I have no idea why you listed Adrien with them.) Women tend to value faces more than men do. Make Orlando buff and women might prefer his buff self to his slim self.

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby ccs224 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:38 pm

narkizopoint wrote:
scionb4 wrote:
ccs224 wrote:Thank god this thread was made. I for one think many hipsters are pretty hot, even if they may look silly out of context. I'm afraid most law school kids will really skeev me out.


I'm not cool enough to know what "skeev" means.


+1 me either...


Really, or is that hipster irony? Skeev, or skeeve as it should probably be spelled, means to creep out or make uncomfortable. As in, "giving blood skeeves me out" or "your date is totally skeevy" and "Marianne is a total skeeve."

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby James Bond » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:24 pm

SHARK WEEK! wrote:
scionb4 wrote:Girls aren't attracted to weenie men any more than guys are to butch girls.


Not that I am a "weenie", but this statement is completely false. Biopsychologists (and, uh, girls) note that females are attracted to different types of men based on what part of their "cycle" they are on. But by and large, women prefer slimmer men to butch/hulky men. Men themselves however, prefer to be butch/hulky, as they are comparing themselves to other men.

Women prefer an Adrien Brody/Johnny Depp/Orlando Bloom to a Kurt Angle/Body Builder, yet most guys would think that women would prefer the body builder. Virtually all women I've talked to actually think seeing veins in the bicep/having a meaty build is unattractive and "gross". They would prefer a slim build.


That's seriously the comparison? Adrien Brody, Johnny Depp, and Orlando Bloom versus Kurt Angle? Because that's obviously fair :roll:

A better comparison would be Johnny Depp versus Hugh Jackman in Australia/X-Men Origins Wolverine or Daniel Craig in Casino Royale/Quantum of Solace or Brad Pitt/Eric Bana in Troy. Those are fit men, not hulking or roided, but not pussies like Orlando Bloom or hippies like Depp.

Between the types, a lot of girls like fit men who obviously put some time in the gym. A lot also like Depp or similarly skinny men. It's just a difference in taste, just like some guys like skinny women, some like nice boobs and ass but still thin, and others like them a bit more "curvy."

Still, anorexia is not a good look, and too skinny women or pussy ass guys are not good either way.

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby scionb4 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:33 pm

James Bond wrote:
SHARK WEEK! wrote:
scionb4 wrote:Girls aren't attracted to weenie men any more than guys are to butch girls.


Not that I am a "weenie", but this statement is completely false. Biopsychologists (and, uh, girls) note that females are attracted to different types of men based on what part of their "cycle" they are on. But by and large, women prefer slimmer men to butch/hulky men. Men themselves however, prefer to be butch/hulky, as they are comparing themselves to other men.

Women prefer an Adrien Brody/Johnny Depp/Orlando Bloom to a Kurt Angle/Body Builder, yet most guys would think that women would prefer the body builder. Virtually all women I've talked to actually think seeing veins in the bicep/having a meaty build is unattractive and "gross". They would prefer a slim build.


That's seriously the comparison? Adrien Brody, Johnny Depp, and Orlando Bloom versus Kurt Angle? Because that's obviously fair :roll:

A better comparison would be Johnny Depp versus Hugh Jackman in Australia/X-Men Origins Wolverine or Daniel Craig in Casino Royale/Quantum of Solace or Brad Pitt/Eric Bana in Troy. Those are fit men, not hulking or roided, but not pussies like Orlando Bloom or hippies like Depp.

Between the types, a lot of girls like fit men who obviously put some time in the gym. A lot also like Depp or similarly skinny men. It's just a difference in taste, just like some guys like skinny women, some like nice boobs and ass but still thin, and others like them a bit more "curvy."

Still, anorexia is not a good look, and too skinny women or pussy ass guys are not good either way.


I agree with the points that you're making completely, but Orlando Bloom isn't exactly a pussy, he got jacked for Kingdom of Heaven as evidenced here:

--ImageRemoved--

When I said weenie, I meant guys like this - (and no, I don't think Dr. House is a weenie, he just played one in whatever movie that was I put in a clip from up there) This is a pussy/weenie man:

--ImageRemoved--

Women want men to be men, just like men want women to be women. It's just natural. There's nothing politically incorrect about saying that, or at least there shouldn't be.

User avatar
saltoftheearth
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby saltoftheearth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:33 pm

scionb4 wrote:
ughOSU wrote:
biv0ns wrote:Ok, so if you're not bull shitting me then you simply have some gay brothers. what's your point? all fraternity guys must be repressed homosexuals?

Not frat guys, bros. I mean I'm not sure the point holds up, but if I were in that guy's frat I would probably (a) question why the hell i joined, and (b) whether or not all bros are in fact repressed homosexuals.


I DO wonder why I joined. I fucking hate it. I'm deactivating when I graduate, I wanna leave it behind me. I'm sick of their crap.


after you add a few lines to the resume, of course

probably some shit about philanthropies, organization and an executive board position.

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby scionb4 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:04 pm

saltoftheearth wrote:
scionb4 wrote:
ughOSU wrote:
biv0ns wrote:Ok, so if you're not bull shitting me then you simply have some gay brothers. what's your point? all fraternity guys must be repressed homosexuals?

Not frat guys, bros. I mean I'm not sure the point holds up, but if I were in that guy's frat I would probably (a) question why the hell i joined, and (b) whether or not all bros are in fact repressed homosexuals.


I DO wonder why I joined. I fucking hate it. I'm deactivating when I graduate, I wanna leave it behind me. I'm sick of their crap.


after you add a few lines to the resume, of course

probably some shit about philanthropies, organization and an executive board position.


Yup, you go me there :wink: I put my philanthropic work through the frat on my law school resume.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests