Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Tangerine Gleam

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:16 pm

ughOSU wrote:simple fact: bros like to get fucked up because it's fun, hipsters like to get fucked up because the world is like so harsh man.

Somebody really has his finger on the pulse.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:17 pm

mikegt40 wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
mikegt40 wrote:huh, when i was in the frat there wasnt too much homophobic chat. :shock: was i in a strictly homosexual frat?

lol

But really, no casual use of the word "[HI I'M THE WORD FILTER. THIS PERSON MIGHT BE A DICK.]" etc?

On occasion, but we didnt sit around and talk about how much we hated gay people, or regale one another on stories of recent hate crimes performed against those of the homosexual persuasion. Douche and toolbag were the most reoccuring.

yea there were like 4 gay guys in my frat... good dudes.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:
ughOSU wrote:simple fact: bros like to get fucked up because it's fun, hipsters like to get fucked up because the world is like so harsh man.

Somebody really has his finger on the pulse.

Man I'm glad I'm getting so much attention on this thread... you guys really need to stop indulging me...

tumbleweed664

Postby tumbleweed664 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:26 pm

beef wellington wrote:The thing I can't stand about bros is the constant homophobic banter. Just throwin that out there.

Seconded. I also haven't really seen any racism or sexism in people I know my age EXCEPT for the Bros (and only when they outnumber the nerds/hipsters/whatever). In my experience, though, the entertainment value when they find out you are, in fact, gay makes it worthwhile. Sadly, I don't think I've known anyone who has truly embraced the "Bro" designation without being at least a little tongue-in-cheek about it.

Hipsters are definitely intentionally funnier. The jury is still out on whether they are unintentionally funnier as well.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:30 pm

After much deliberation, I declare bros more annoying than hipsters. You never hear about them making the freshmen hipsters have mud wrestling matches while getting pissed on. You don't see hipsters getting seniors in high school drunk and getting them pregnant. You never hear a hipster say "Dude . . . bro," which is quite possibly the most annoying phrase in the history of mankind. Hipsters keep to themselves, mostly, and I respect that. It's almost a requirement of bros to be shitty to people that don't wear their letters on their chests.

elliefont

Postby elliefont » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:34 pm

what I hate about (bros/hipsters) is that they think their (baggy/skinny) jeans look awesome and that (natty light/PBR) is the best, when obviously it's pure shit. The rancid smell of entitlement just drips off em, it's disgusting, don't they bathe? The constant party lifestyle, the groupthink... it's disgusting. I hate (bros/hipsters). I like normals.
Last edited by elliefont on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:35 pm

what's up ITT braaaaaaa?

Einv14

Postby Einv14 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:37 pm

scionb4 wrote:After much deliberation, I declare bros more annoying than hipsters. You never hear about them making the freshmen hipsters have mud wrestling matches while getting pissed on. You don't see hipsters getting seniors in high school drunk and getting them pregnant. You never hear a hipster say "Dude . . . bro," which is quite possibly the most annoying phrase in the history of mankind. Hipsters keep to themselves, mostly, and I respect that. It's almost a requirement of bros to be shitty to people that don't wear their letters on their chests.

My hometown was full of "hipsters" (emo kids, goth, mainstreat emo, etc) and that left a terrible taste in my mouth, i just cannot stand them. However i do know some real-life living breathing bro's who embrace that life with little humor. It really is all about beer and pussy to them, along with pastel colored shirts and wearing shorts and sandels regardless of how cold it is outside. Those bro's and hipsters have much in common and they dont even realize it cause they're too busy hating each other: they both suck really bad.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:39 pm

where do guidos fit into the bros and hipsters arguement? bros>guidos>cleveland steamers>hipsters?

SHARK WEEK!

Postby SHARK WEEK! » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:39 pm

elliefont wrote:what I hate about (bros/hipsters) is that they think their (baggy/skinny) jeans are look awesome and that (natty light/PBR) is the best, when obviously it's pure shit. The rancid smell of entitlement just drips off em, it's disgusting, don't they bathe? The constant party lifestyle, the groupthink... it's disgusting. I hate (bros/hipsters). I like normals.

But your avatar is so hipster sheik! (PBR is NOT disgusting btw. I have an old clock with the Virgin Mary on the face of the clock and she is wearing a Pabst t-shirt. That proves it is good beer.)

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:59 pm

mikegt40 wrote:
scionb4 wrote:After much deliberation, I declare bros more annoying than hipsters. You never hear about them making the freshmen hipsters have mud wrestling matches while getting pissed on. You don't see hipsters getting seniors in high school drunk and getting them pregnant. You never hear a hipster say "Dude . . . bro," which is quite possibly the most annoying phrase in the history of mankind. Hipsters keep to themselves, mostly, and I respect that. It's almost a requirement of bros to be shitty to people that don't wear their letters on their chests.

My hometown was full of "hipsters" (emo kids, goth, mainstreat emo, etc) and that left a terrible taste in my mouth, i just cannot stand them. However i do know some real-life living breathing bro's who embrace that life with little humor. It really is all about beer and pussy to them, along with pastel colored shirts and wearing shorts and sandels regardless of how cold it is outside. Those bro's and hipsters have much in common and they dont even realize it cause they're too busy hating each other: they both suck really bad.

. . . And homoerotic undertones. Seriously, I live in a fraternity house (God, it sucks) and I have never seen so much repressed homosexual tension in my entire life.

Einv14

Postby Einv14 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:01 pm

scionb4 wrote:
mikegt40 wrote:

. . . And homoerotic undertones. Seriously, I live in a fraternity house (God, it sucks) and I have never seen so much repressed homosexual tension in my entire life.

I wouldnt go as far to say homoerotic undertones. Maybe obvious insecurities being displayed regularly via the beer and pussy.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:04 pm

mikegt40 wrote:
scionb4 wrote:
mikegt40 wrote:

I wouldnt go as far to say homoerotic undertones. Maybe obvious insecurities being displayed regularly via the beer and pussy.

I don't know, dude. I've seen some stuff at the house that seriously calls into question the orientation of a few of the guys.

Einv14

Postby Einv14 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:05 pm

sodomy?

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:07 pm

sarlis wrote:what's up ITT braaaaaaa?

I just punched you in the face.... and then threw your white hat in the garbage. And I unflipped your polo shirt collar. :D

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:12 pm

mikegt40 wrote:sodomy?

No, just an extreme willingness to show each other penises, spend time naked in the shower together playing grab ass, fight over who gets to share a bed with a visiting brother (I said SHARE a bed, not lend a bed), cuddling on the couch together watching "Bro" movies, and just a littles too often talking about the mushy stuff "I love you guys so much, I have never been more comfortable anywhere else, I have a boner for "insert name here." I know this is very common behavior for dudes, but when it happens constantly with the guys that NEVER have girls over, eventually you have to raise an eyebrow.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:27 pm

scionb4 wrote:

No, just an extreme willingness to show each other penises, spend time naked in the shower together playing grab ass, fight over who gets to share a bed with a visiting brother (I said SHARE a bed, not lend a bed), cuddling on the couch together watching "Bro" movies, and just a littles too often talking about the mushy stuff "I love you guys so much, I have never been more comfortable anywhere else, I have a boner for "insert name here." I know this is very common behavior for dudes, but when it happens constantly with the guys that NEVER have girls over, eventually you have to raise an eyebrow.

You seem like you're just in a frat with a lot of gay dudes. Maybe even literally gay, but probably just big pussies. fwiw, of all the gay guys in my frat, NONE of them did that shit.

mikegt40 wrote:I wouldnt go as far to say homoerotic undertones. Maybe obvious insecurities being displayed regularly via the beer and pussy.

this is more like it.

I also agree with extreme bros and extreme hipsters being pretty much identical to me in everything except outward appearance.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:31 pm

ughOSU wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

You seem like you're just in a frat with a lot of gay dudes. Maybe even literally gay, but probably just big pussies. fwiw, of all the gay guys in my frat, NONE of them did that shit.

mikegt40 wrote:I wouldnt go as far to say homoerotic undertones. Maybe obvious insecurities being displayed regularly via the beer and pussy.

this is more like it.

I also agree with extreme bros and extreme hipsters being pretty much identical to me in everything except outward appearance.

Yeah, I'm just waiting for a few of the guys to come out of the closet and announce the REAL reason why they show their cocks at every all dude event we have.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:52 pm

scionb4 wrote:

This shit is a flame. I am in a fraternity, and while I'm hardly the poster boy for "frat life" and I personally have a lot of problems with it, this shit never happened. Even the literally gay "brothers" I have didn't act like that.

No one checks out each other's dicks. No one showers together. No one shares beds, much less with alumni or whatever, no one cuddles, and no one says that they have a boner for each other.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:56 pm

biv0ns wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

This shit is a flame. I am in a fraternity, and while I'm hardly the poster boy for "frat life" and I personally have a lot of problems with it, this shit never happened. Even the literally gay "brothers" I have didn't act like that.

No one checks out each other's dicks. No one showers together. No one shares beds, much less with alumni or whatever, no one cuddles, and no one says that they have a boner for each other.

No joke, man. This shit happens. With a minority of brothers, obviously.

Einv14

Postby Einv14 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:56 pm

scionb4 wrote:

Yeah ur cred just went down the shitter, or u are part of a legit gay fraternity. More power to ya.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:59 pm

I do believe it, but only because I've seen the way my buddy's baseball team is. They pride themselves on being the gayest team in the country. No joke. They shower together whenever they have the chance, and if any of them have alcohol all bets are off how far they'll go.

That said, of the list you gave, a couple of my bros may have done a couple of the more minor things like a couple of times. But thank god nobody made a habit of it.

e: for clarity
Last edited by ughOSU on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm

scionb4 wrote:
biv0ns wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

No joke, man. This shit happens. With a minority of brothers, obviously.

Ok, so if you're not bull shitting me then you simply have some gay brothers. what's your point? all fraternity guys must be repressed homosexuals?

Einv14

Postby Einv14 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:03 pm

funny you should mention that Biv cause now that i know ur in a frat i'm finding myself much more attracted to you. Connection?

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:04 pm

biv0ns wrote:Ok, so if you're not bull shitting me then you simply have some gay brothers. what's your point? all fraternity guys must be repressed homosexuals?

Not frat guys, bros. I mean I'm not sure the point holds up, but if I were in that guy's frat I would probably (a) question why the hell i joined, and (b) whether or not all bros are in fact repressed homosexuals.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”