Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
scionb4

Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:35 pm

I'll admit that on the "Hipsters in Law School Thread" I made some mean (albeit in my opinion funny) comments about this particular "counter-culture) (Jesus, I can't say that word with a straight face.) Anyway, someone very fairly stated that they would rather be around hipsters than douche bag, double-popped collar wearing frat bros with khaki cargo shorts and yacht shoes. I'm not sure what group I find more annoying (they are both self-indulgent, clicky poser groups) but I figured that a thread should be opened up to exploring what law schools would be best for the fratties among us, with the sincere hope that the thread turns into a an absolute roast of the sunglasses-at-night crowd.

James Bond

Re: Bros in law School (Just Cuz Hipsters are gettin hated on)

Postby James Bond » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:39 pm

You realize we already had a thread on this...

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:42 pm

biv0ns wrote:You realize we already had a thread on this...

No I didn't. Fuck.

SHARK WEEK!

Postby SHARK WEEK! » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:24 am

scionb4 wrote:

No I didn't. Fuck.

Bro. You dropped the ball bro.

As for me? I'd much rather hang around hipsters than frat bros. But then again, I like everyone and get alone with everyone so it doesn't matter to me actually.

-SHARK WEEK.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:25 am

I think there needs to be a thread on rich preppy douchebags, who are so much more relevant.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:51 am

SHARK WEEK! wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

No I didn't. Fuck.

As for me? I'd much rather hang around hipsters than frat bros. But then again, I like everyone and get alone with everyone so it doesn't matter to me actually.

-SHARK WEEK.

'Brah'sians>Light hipster > any kind of bro > people who actually believe in religion > extreme hipsters

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:24 am

They are both clicky and judgemental groups. As for me, I made the personal choice to cut my hair, shave, and shower on a regular basis, so whenever I chill with hipsters i get weird looks and the distinct feeling that I don't belong. I am also an athlete and very good looking, so I don't really fit in with the people who can actually wear girl's jeans and grow their hair long enough to cover their acne-ridden faces (I once tried to put on a pair of skinny-cut jeans... only made it up to my knees). I also find bros way more fun to hang out with for this simple fact: bros like to get fucked up because it's fun, hipsters like to get fucked up because the world is like so harsh man. I think most would agree that the former is healthier. So I figure, fuck it, I'll throw on some sunglasses at 10pm and go out with the bros.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:03 am

Desert Fox wrote:
SHARK WEEK! wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

No I didn't. Fuck.

-SHARK WEEK.

'Brah'sians>Light hipster > any kind of bro > people who actually believe in religion > extreme hipsters

What's a Brahsian? Google gave me nothing.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:04 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:I think there needs to be a thread on rich preppy douchebags, who are so much more relevant.

woooah now

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:19 am

beef wellington wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
SHARK WEEK! wrote:
scionb4 wrote:
No I didn't. Fuck.

-SHARK WEEK.

What's a Brahsian? Google gave me nothing.

My attempt to create a word for Asian-Bro, a rare but awesome form of bros. Fail on my part because it sounds stupid.

Battle

Postby Battle » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:28 am

I can't take anyone serious that drives a scion.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:29 am

Oh so it's pronounced "Bray-zee-ann" as in "Abrasion." Lots of those types here in CA, but many many more who think they are Lil Wayne. It's hilarious.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:33 am

Desert Fox wrote:My attempt to create a word for Asian-Bro, a rare but awesome form of bros. Fail on my part because it sounds stupid.

They are the worst.

e: the reason is because they drink like bros, but can't handle their booze.

Einv14

Postby Einv14 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:50 am

ughOSU wrote:They are both clicky and judgemental groups. As for me, I made the personal choice to cut my hair, shave, and shower on a regular basis, so whenever I chill with hipsters i get weird looks and the distinct feeling that I don't belong. I am also an athlete and very good looking, so I don't really fit in with the people who can actually wear girl's jeans and grow their hair long enough to cover their acne-ridden faces (I once tried to put on a pair of skinny-cut jeans... only made it up to my knees). I also find bros way more fun to hang out with for this simple fact: bros like to get fucked up because it's fun, hipsters like to get fucked up because the world is like so harsh man. I think most would agree that the former is healthier. So I figure, fuck it, I'll throw on some sunglasses at 10pm and go out with the bros.

So why do u get weird looks from the hipsters? :roll:

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:58 am

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:41 pm

mikegt40 wrote:
ughOSU wrote:They are both clicky and judgemental groups. As for me, I made the personal choice to cut my hair, shave, and shower on a regular basis, so whenever I chill with hipsters i get weird looks and the distinct feeling that I don't belong. I am also an athlete and very good looking, so I don't really fit in with the people who can actually wear girl's jeans and grow their hair long enough to cover their acne-ridden faces (I once tried to put on a pair of skinny-cut jeans... only made it up to my knees). I also find bros way more fun to hang out with for this simple fact: bros like to get fucked up because it's fun, hipsters like to get fucked up because the world is like so harsh man. I think most would agree that the former is healthier. So I figure, fuck it, I'll throw on some sunglasses at 10pm and go out with the bros.

I have an ego and I unapologetically admit it. Hipsters have egos and they don't admit it. That's the difference.

I really don't want this to be about me (how relevant can the musings of an anonymous poster on the internet be), but I do get along with everyone that gets to know me a little bit. I know how ridiculous the genuine bros are, but they are still hilarious to me. It is in our human nature to sterotype and exclude groups different than our own. I dislike Hipsters for the reason that they are so self-assuredly better than the bros, but in actuality are exactly the same. Like I said in my OP, "They are both clicky and judgemental groups". The bros are just more up-front about it. That's all I was trying to say.

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:42 pm

It's spelled cliquey

hth

Einv14

Postby Einv14 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:47 pm

ughOSU wrote:
mikegt40 wrote:

I have an ego and I unapologetically admit it. Hipsters have egos and they don't admit it. That's the difference.

I really don't want this to be about me (how relevant can the musings of an anonymous poster on the internet be), but I do get along with everyone that gets to know me a little bit. I know how ridiculous the genuine bros are, but they are still hilarious to me. It is in our human nature to sterotype and exclude groups different than our own. I dislike Hipsters for the reason that they are so self-assuredly better than the bros, but in actuality are exactly the same. Like I said in my OP, "They are both clicky and judgemental groups". The bros are just more up-front about it. That's all I was trying to say.

I agree actually. I was just being smarmy. I kinda jumped into a broternity in college but never quite conformed with them, and now that i'm a bit older, i realize how ridiculous a lot of them are. Albeit there are bros that are good people, but have a misguided view of the world and fashion sense. Although i gotta say, if i had to choose between dressing like a hipster or bro, i'd be bro bound in that sense.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:52 pm

The thing I can't stand about bros is the constant homophobic banter. Just throwin that out there.

ATOIsp07

Postby ATOIsp07 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:04 pm

does it even matter if you were in a college fraternity/sorority in law school?

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:07 pm

kittenmittons wrote:It's spelled cliquey

hth

ya know, I was thinking about that, and I tried to spell it out using "clique" as the root word because that's obviously what it should be, but for some reason "cliquey" just didn't look right to me. So I deferred to the OP's use of "clicky". my bad.

I must say, I love your username, bro.

Einv14

Postby Einv14 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:09 pm

huh, when i was in the frat there wasnt too much homophobic chat. :shock: was i in a strictly homosexual frat?

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:13 pm

mikegt40 wrote:huh, when i was in the frat there wasnt too much homophobic chat. :shock: was i in a strictly homosexual frat?

lol

But really, no casual use of the word "[HI I'M THE WORD FILTER. THIS PERSON MIGHT BE A DICK.]" etc?

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:15 pm

And modest, too.

Einv14

Postby Einv14 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:15 pm

beef wellington wrote:
mikegt40 wrote:huh, when i was in the frat there wasnt too much homophobic chat. :shock: was i in a strictly homosexual frat?

lol

But really, no casual use of the word "[HI I'M THE WORD FILTER. THIS PERSON MIGHT BE A DICK.]" etc?

On occasion, but we didnt sit around and talk about how much we hated gay people, or regale one another on stories of recent hate crimes performed against those of the homosexual persuasion. Douche and toolbag were the most reoccuring.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”