Why so many unexplained locked threads in here?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Anonymous Loser
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am

Why so many unexplained locked threads in here?

Postby Anonymous Loser » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Care to explain what's going on in the Choosing a Law School forum that I am missing?

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Why so many unexplained locked threads in here?

Postby Doritos » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:26 pm

In before the....

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Why so many unexplained locked threads in here?

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:33 pm

You'll notice that they're all from the same poster (at least the ones I locked). Total spam.

Anonymous Loser
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am

Re: Why so many unexplained locked threads in here?

Postby Anonymous Loser » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Yeah, I saw they were from the same user, but only about 25% of that users threads are locked, even though they all seem to be the same very general probing for basic information about law schools. Last I heard, Spam generally advertised some sort of product or service, which seems missing here.

Just seemed arbitrary and sort of pointless. Carry on.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Why so many unexplained locked threads in here?

Postby booboo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:42 pm

I think the user's posts were also arbitrary and pointless. Many of the things the person asked could easily be searched for.

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Why so many unexplained locked threads in here?

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 pm

Call it what you will, it doesn't matter -- the user created a bunch of false threads describing a bunch of incongruous circumstanes. Now that he/she is banned, there's no need for me to lock all of his/her topics.

If you'd like to hear more from lawbull335, perhaps I can put you two in touch.

Carry on.

Anonymous Loser
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am

Re: Why so many unexplained locked threads in here?

Postby Anonymous Loser » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:09 pm

booboo wrote:I think the user's posts were also arbitrary and pointless. Many of the things the person asked could easily be searched for.


If arbitrary and pointless threads and topics that can easily be searched for merit locking, then 99% of the threads on TLS should be locked after the first post.

Tangerine Gleam wrote:Call it what you will, it doesn't matter -- the user created a bunch of false threads describing a bunch of incongruous circumstanes. Now that he/she is banned, there's no need for me to lock all of his/her topics.

If you'd like to hear more from lawbull335, perhaps I can put you two in touch.

Carry on.


Meh. I don't really care one way or the other what happened to the poster, I was just curious to find out of there was any particular reason behind what appeared to be random. I see what you mean however: several of the posts start off with very different pretexts, which is different than just asking stupid questions.

User avatar
ATOIsp07
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: Why so many unexplained locked threads in here?

Postby ATOIsp07 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Some threads are also culturally insensitive and race-baiting, as well.

yeff
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Why so many unexplained locked threads in here?

Postby yeff » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:
booboo wrote:I think the user's posts were also arbitrary and pointless. Many of the things the person asked could easily be searched for.


If arbitrary and pointless threads and topics that can easily be searched for merit locking, then 99% of the threads on TLS should be locked after the first post.

Tangerine Gleam wrote:Call it what you will, it doesn't matter -- the user created a bunch of false threads describing a bunch of incongruous circumstanes. Now that he/she is banned, there's no need for me to lock all of his/her topics.

If you'd like to hear more from lawbull335, perhaps I can put you two in touch.

Carry on.


Meh. I don't really care one way or the other what happened to the poster, I was just curious to find out of there was any particular reason behind what appeared to be random. I see what you mean however: several of the posts start off with very different pretexts, which is different than just asking stupid questions.



Here was my post in one of their threads....

yeff wrote:"lawbull335", is this a case of dissociative identity disorder, or what? I suppose the "capable of scoring up to 170" and "having trouble breaking 170" claims can technically co-exist, but...

lawbull335 wrote:I withdrew from a law school 7 years ago....


lawbull335 wrote:I am an engineering student and I am planning to go to law school.


lawbull335 wrote:my major by itself will be pretty much useless


lawbull335 wrote:Im just starting my undergrad this year, but Im pretty sure that I wanna go to law school after Im done


lawbull335 wrote:I am currently finishing up my personal statements, having my LoRs sent in, and finishing up my resume.


lawbull335 wrote:Capable of scoring up to 170 on retest


lawbull335 wrote:I am having trouble breaking 170.


lawbull335 wrote:my lsat was a 153


lawbull335 wrote:I am currently finishing up my personal statements, having my LoRs sent in, and finishing up my resume.


lawbull335 wrote:I plan to apply during the next cycle.


lawbull335 wrote:my gpa was a 2.8


lawbull335 wrote:My GPA (in the range of 3.0-3.5, midway)


lawbull335 wrote:Apparently I'm getting a phone call from someone at Harvard soon.


lawbull335 wrote:I am only planning to apply to schools located in California.


What's going on?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/search.php?author_id=54708&sr=posts




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests