If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby PDaddy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 am

Let's drop the elitism for a minute. Everyone has a T2 school they think is fantastic. Without the rankings or any of this published data, I would love to go to Chicago-Kent, Seattle-U, BLS, Loyola-L.A., or Miami. I also like Southwestern, Santa Clara and Pacific. In fact, some of those were my top choices before I learned about the rankings, bar passage rates, employment stats, etc. I just loved those schools. What about you? w/o rankings/published data, which schools would you like?

No T14 or Tier-1 answers please!!

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby Cupidity » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:39 am

University of Florida, because #51 is still not top 50

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby Grizz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 am

Cupidity wrote:University of Florida, because #51 is still not top 50


I would also say UF. Ranked #51, best in FL (my home state), and Gainesville is a fun place. Also, tons of hot girls.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby JOThompson » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:57 am

University of San Diego

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:01 am

T3 - Hawaii. Location, location.....

User avatar
Reinhardt
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:27 am

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby Reinhardt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:02 am

University of Hawaii Manoa

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby ShibaDan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:05 am

I met someone who went to U of Hawaii and he loved it. So I would have to agree with all the above posters.

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby Dignan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:06 am

PDaddy wrote:Let's drop the elitism for a minute. Everyone has a T2 school they think is fantastic. Without the rankings or any of this published data, I would love to go to Chicago-Kent, Seattle-U, BLS, Loyola-L.A., or Miami. I also like Southwestern, Santa Clara and Pacific. In fact, some of those were my top choices before I learned about the rankings, bar passage rates, employment stats, etc. I just loved those schools. What about you? w/o rankings/published data, which schools would you like?

No T14 or Tier-1 answers please!!

Lewis and Clark.

User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby flhealth » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 am

Duke

User avatar
MURPH
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:20 am

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby MURPH » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:55 am

I live near Univ. Hawaii. The location is really nice. I volunteer with the local ACLU and went to an event recently at UH law. The students were mostly happy to be there. Only one 3L gave me the impression that he didn't like it but he really didn't seem to like law not specifically UH. I have a couple of friends there. They are serious about school but laid back too. If you are going to live here in Hawaii then it is considered a very good school. You can meet a lot of local law firms and judges and alumni. I applied there.

User avatar
nealric
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:53 am

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby nealric » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:36 am

University of Denver

Although I think the top schools would still be considered as such with or without USNEWS.

User avatar
vegansistah
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby vegansistah » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:53 am

Dignan wrote:
PDaddy wrote:Let's drop the elitism for a minute. Everyone has a T2 school they think is fantastic. Without the rankings or any of this published data, I would love to go to Chicago-Kent, Seattle-U, BLS, Loyola-L.A., or Miami. I also like Southwestern, Santa Clara and Pacific. In fact, some of those were my top choices before I learned about the rankings, bar passage rates, employment stats, etc. I just loved those schools. What about you? w/o rankings/published data, which schools would you like?

No T14 or Tier-1 answers please!!

Lewis and Clark.



+1

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 am

williamette, or uc

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 am

vermont for enviromental

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10384
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby TTH » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:19 am

Pepperdine, Miami, Hawaii, and Pontifical Catholic.

User avatar
Dtackpat75
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby Dtackpat75 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Villanova or Pepperdine.

jetlagz28
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:56 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby jetlagz28 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 am

USF, Northeastern, USD, Seattle, Denver, Loyola

User avatar
JayTal
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby JayTal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:37 am

Northeastern, Temple

User avatar
whuts4lunch
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby whuts4lunch » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:43 am

miami

hugoboss
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:34 am

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby hugoboss » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 am

Pepperdine!
i checked out some apartments online 5 minutes from the school that look like 5 star resorts for only 1200 / month. greatest location possible

heyguys
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby heyguys » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 am

Ole Miss, University of Arizona, Alabama, U of Colorado, Lewis and Clark

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:49 am

Georgetown

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby Grizz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:51 am

heyguys wrote:Ole Miss, University of Arizona, Alabama, U of Colorado, Lewis and Clark


+1 to Ole Miss

Arizona, Alamaba, and Colorado are all T-1 though.

fortissimo
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:05 am

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby fortissimo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:56 am

Seattle U

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: If rankings didn't exist, which T2/T3 would you attend?

Postby The Zeppelin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:05 am

Anything that provided access to the Mountain West.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests