Hipsters in Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Renzo

Re: Hipsters in Law School

Postby Renzo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 am

There was a hipster in my section.

I pushed him down the stairs the first week. Now we're hipster-free.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 am

I live in the hipster captial of America, and no---shocker, it isn't in Colorado. The hipsterest school I have seen in the T-14 is def. Cornell.

yo!

Postby yo! » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 am

mps200 wrote:http://www.broslikethissite.com/2009/11/89-hating-hipsters.html

Fucking hilarious :lol:

Finally you get to the shop. Normally when bros walk in anywhere, they are greeted by slam pieces trying to eyefuck the shit out of them, but something is different today. For some reason, these people don’t even look hungover. In fact, they all have fucking laptops and if they don’t, they are reading poetry. You overhear someone talking about how much they miss dairy products ever since they decided to go vegan. Normally, you and your bros would start fucking with these #80 losers, but you’ve got a fucking treasure chest at home calling your name, so you just get your coffee. After repeatedly telling the “barista” aka College grad with an English major that you don’t want “fair trade” coffee for just two dollars more, you finally have your shit and are ready to get the fuck out of dodge. That’s when you hear them. Two skinny white dudes in the corner with horned rimmed glasses that you’re pretty sure don’t even have any lenses, tight jeans, and striped sweaters.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:26 am

Joga Bonito wrote:
even2flow wrote:So...are you trying to find a school where hipsters exist so you can go and fit in, or are you trying to find one where they don't exist so that you can either 1) fit in or 2) not conform by being the only hipster on campus?

I'm confused, but that was a legitimate question.

Hipsters don't really bug me. Some of the girls are fun to look at and have decent recommendations for music sometimes.

I was at a bar a few weeks ago and this hipster dude told my friend that he bought his pants at H&M in the women's section. I thought that was hilarious.

Anyway, time for Lost.

Well I ask because I was curious about the kind of people I can expect to see in law school. Also as much as many hipsters irritate me and as much as I joke about them and I joke about them a lot, some of my best friends are real hipsters and some are wannabes and while I am not a hipster I have been known to occasionally wear almost skinny jeans, retro nikes/adidas and I like vintage clothes...oh and I do own a pair of those big effing glasses that they all wear (although I rarely wear them and wouldn't wear them around law school preppy types) and I like there music. So I guess there's a bit of cultural identification there.

Plus I saw some taking the lsat so I figure some must wanna go to law school and I thought that was kinda funny.

Hipster Alert!!

actually to be honest i have no idea what exactly a hipster is....

drsomebody

Postby drsomebody » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:27 am

rocross1 wrote:A hipster put his ass an inch from my head on the bus this morning, skinny dudes ass in girl jeans in my face was the last thing I wanted to see ever, most of all not as I wake up and prep for the day. I am still pissed about this. I don't know any hipsters but I do know I am the nemesis of all hipsterdom. I am hoping there are no hipsters at my law school, I cant stand them and I don't really know why. Are there any legit reasons to hate hipster? I think I hate them because they are often condescending phonies, but I dont really know any so I am unsure. Anyways I am not racist or prejudice against anyone, I [strike]realize[/strike] realized I have to be prejudiced against some group so hipsters are it. (sarcasm intended-but I still dislike hipsters and any form of hipsterdom).

This is the most hipster post I've ever read here. Nothing is more hipster than hating on hipsters. +20 hipster points. Enjoy your Tecate. :lol:

rocross1

Postby rocross1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:31 am

drsomebody wrote:
rocross1 wrote:A hipster put his ass an inch from my head on the bus this morning, skinny dudes ass in girl jeans in my face was the last thing I wanted to see ever, most of all not as I wake up and prep for the day. I am still pissed about this. I don't know any hipsters but I do know I am the nemesis of all hipsterdom. I am hoping there are no hipsters at my law school, I cant stand them and I don't really know why. Are there any legit reasons to hate hipster? I think I hate them because they are often condescending phonies, but I dont really know any so I am unsure. Anyways I am not racist or prejudice against anyone, I [strike]realize[/strike] realized I have to be prejudiced against some group so hipsters are it. (sarcasm intended-but I still dislike hipsters and any form of hipsterdom).

This is the most hipster post I've ever read here. Nothing is more hipster than hating on hipsters. +20 hipster points. Enjoy your Tecate. :lol:

You cut me so deep.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:32 am

hipsters: those pants would look better on your sister.

hth

rocross1

Postby rocross1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:33 am

sarlis wrote:hipsters: those pants would look better on your sister.

hth

or off your sister, as long as she is 18

drsomebody

Postby drsomebody » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 am

Crap. Where did my post go. Edit fail.

Let's try again:

rocross1 wrote:
drsomebody wrote:

You cut me so deep.

A masterful example of detached sarcasm. +20 more hipster points. ;)
Last edited by drsomebody on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 am

rocross1 wrote:

hth

T FUCKING CR

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:40 am

rocross1 wrote:

hth

*rimshot*

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:42 am

Oh, and hipsters: those shades ARE NOT COOL, those pants MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A GIRL, flannel is UNCOOL at best, GO OUT TO A BAR, MEET REGULAR WOMEN (actually don't, leave the regular women to me), get out of the coffeshops and let me enjoy some starbucks.

hth

EDIT: Oh, and for hipsters: watch an episode of Jersey Shore. this is one time where that show could actually benefit someone.

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:55 am

I dress somewhat hipster I guess (skinny jeans, a flannel shirt or two, wayfarers, etc.) and don't give a shit what anyone thinks of it. I like what I wear, I like the music I like. I think all of you guys running around in your 1990's bootcut jeans, baggy beer branded t shirts, sports jerseys, sweatpants, oakleys and so on are buying into an image just as much as I am, if not more: "Hey, look at me, look at my unthoughtful wardrobe! I'm a typical guy! No really! I'm totally average! I swear!" I think people hate hipsters because they feel excluded or hate the idea that there are people who don't feel obligated to fit into the "joe the plumber" paradigm. On top of this, all of your girlfriends secretly want get banged out by a hipster, and often do. Sorry about that.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:57 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:On top of this, all of your girlfriends secretly want get banged out by a hipster, and often do. Sorry about that.

As a woman, I have to say that any hipster male I see strikes me as sexy and of possessing manly force as a scallop.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:59 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:I dress somewhat hipster I guess (skinny jeans, a flannel shirt or two, wayfarers, etc.) and don't give a shit what anyone thinks of it. I like what I wear, I like the music I like. I think all of you guys running around in your 1990's bootcut jeans, baggy beer branded t shirts, sports jerseys, sweatpants, oakleys and so on are buying into an image just as much as I am, if not more: "Hey, look at me, look at my unthoughtful wardrobe! I'm a typical guy! No really! I'm totally average! I swear!" I think people hate hipsters because they feel excluded or hate the idea that there are people who don't feel obligated to fit into the "joe the plumber" paradigm. On top of this, all of your girlfriends secretly want get banged out by a hipster, and often do. Sorry about that.

in your post, you see there are two people, hipsters and "joe the plumber." this is false. I like dress nicely, gel my hair when i go out, and hit on attractive girls, none of this is "joe the plumber"-like. also, the girls i go after don't want to bang hipsters, or else they would dress like hipsters, and therefore, stop being girls i am attracted to.

and bro, what is up with the tight jeans?

and pearalegal, really!?

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:00 am

Pearalegal wrote:
DanInALionsDen wrote:On top of this, all of your girlfriends secretly want get banged out by a hipster, and often do. Sorry about that.

As a woman, I have to say that any hipster male I see strikes me as sexy and of possessing manly force as a scallop.

As a pseudo-hipster I would have to say with that syntax and grammar, no hipster is interested anyway.

rocross1

Postby rocross1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:01 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:I dress somewhat hipster I guess (skinny jeans, a flannel shirt or two, wayfarers, etc.) and don't give a shit what anyone thinks of it. I like what I wear, I like the music I like. I think all of you guys running around in your 1990's bootcut jeans, baggy beer branded t shirts, sports jerseys, sweatpants, oakleys and so on are buying into an image just as much as I am, if not more: "Hey, look at me, look at my unthoughtful wardrobe! I'm a typical guy! No really! I'm totally average! I swear!" I think people hate hipsters because they feel excluded or hate the idea that there are people who don't feel obligated to fit into the "joe the plumber" paradigm. On top of this, all of your girlfriends secretly want get banged out by a hipster, and often do. Sorry about that.

I think we hurt the hipsters feelings, I didn't realize hipsters are so emo.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:02 am

rocross1 wrote:

I think we hurt the hipsters feelings, I didn't realize hipsters are so emo.

i think hipsters and emo are interchangeable, just the hipsters hide the cut marks under flannel long-shirts, while emo kids show them proudly

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 am

Pearalegal wrote:

:lol: Pear just called you a scallop... not even a jellyfish or a seahorse.... but a small, white lump of meat:

--ImageRemoved--

Postby 09042014 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 am

1)Hipsters dress like joe the plumber.

2)Nobody is excluded from being a hipster. Just dress like an idiot and you are in.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:04 am

sarlis wrote:
and pearalegal, really!?

I had a fantastically crappy day at work, and drank two big glasses of wine while eating a lean cuisine. I longer find myself responsible for anything I say.

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:04 am

sarlis wrote:

in your post, you see there are two people, hipsters and "joe the plumber." this is false. I like dress nicely, gel my hair when i go out, and hit on attractive girls, none of this is "joe the plumber"-like. also, the girls i go after don't want to bang hipsters, or else they would dress like hipsters, and therefore, stop being girls i am attracted to.

and pearalegal, really!?

(1) You just wrote bro. (2) You said you "gel" your hair.

I think tighter jeans (not painted on tight, but straight to slim legged) look better. I think, on me, baggy jeans look like they're hanging off. Personal preference.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:06 am

Desert Fox wrote:

1)Hipsters dress like joe the plumber.

2)Nobody is excluded from being a hipster. Just dress like an idiot and you are in.

ugh. this post, danl's post, frustrates me. i don;t hate hipsters because i don't fit in or because there is a group of society that is "out of the mould," i hate hipsters because of their pants, shades, and overall weird public presence.

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:07 am

skinny jeans aside, emo's are wayyyyy more girly than most hipsters, def more girly than psuedo hipsters.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:08 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:
sarlis wrote:

and pearalegal, really!?

(1) You just wrote bro. (2) You said you "gel" your hair.

I think tighter jeans (not painted on tight, but straight to slim legged) look better. I think, on me, baggy jeans look like they're hanging off. Personal preference.

what is wrong with saying "bro." and gelled hair is about looking good, not about being guido or whatever your intent was quoting that portion of my post

Return to “Choosing a Law School”