Hipsters in Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Joga Bonito

Re: Hipsters in Law School

Postby Joga Bonito » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 pm

[quote="scionb4]
I think it's become so cliche, passe . . . entree . . . other word that ends with "e"

This thread is so midtown...It def deserves the frigidaire...I'm gonna go drink a sixer of bronsons and watch Charles Bronsons movies all night.

mwazaumoja

Postby mwazaumoja » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:45 am

This thread is more passe than Chelsea.

awesomepossum

Postby awesomepossum » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:57 am

bighead715 wrote:i skimmed through 5 of the pages on this thread.

i still dont know what the fuck a hipster is.

I didn't know either. I'm assuming this is a good enough explanation.

--ImageRemoved--

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:09 am

awesomepossum wrote:
bighead715 wrote:i skimmed through 5 of the pages on this thread.

i still dont know what the fuck a hipster is.

I didn't know either. I'm assuming this is a good enough explanation.

--ImageRemoved--

God, you d-bags don't know shite about what's hip.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:12 am

I think I hate all 10 versions

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 am

James Bond wrote:I think I hate all 10 versions

Worse, they're indifferent to you.

mayosmith

Postby mayosmith » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:33 pm

ccs224 wrote:

Not sure the graphic above is temporally accurate...on my walk to my office from the Astor Place station a few minutes ago I think I saw 5 out of the 10, still living and breathing.

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:03 pm

mayosmith wrote:
ccs224 wrote:

Not sure the graphic above is temporally accurate...on my walk to my office from the Astor Place station a few minutes ago I think I saw 5 out of the 10, still living and breathing.

Can't be hip and still try to pull off that cool look you saw in Vice's April 04 issue. Those were just people; they cannot be considered hipsters.

moviechicka

Postby moviechicka » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:39 pm

I'm going to law school and I was the multimedia editor for an indie music magazine. I have a BA in Filmmaking and a Masters in New Media Development. I drink PBR & read graphic novels. I listened to Kings of Leon back in 2002. My favorite movie is Half Nelson. I go to "Indie Rock Karaoke." I plan on rolling to class every day in on of the 400 graphic tees I own. I guess that kinda makes me a hipster. It'll be fun to see how well that goes over at UGA in the fall :D

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:28 pm

moviechicka wrote:I'm going to law school and I was the multimedia editor for an indie music magazine. I have a BA in Filmmaking and a Masters in New Media Development. I drink PBR & read graphic novels. I listened to Kings of Leon back in 2002. My favorite movie is Half Nelson. I go to "Indie Rock Karaoke." I plan on rolling to class every day in on of the 400 graphic tees I own. I guess that kinda makes me a hipster. It'll be fun to see how well that goes over at UGA in the fall :D

Whatttt? Your going to UGA...man I don't know...its pretty preppy/fratty down there. Did you apply to Emory?

moviechicka

Postby moviechicka » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Joga Bonito wrote:
moviechicka wrote:I'm going to law school and I was the multimedia editor for an indie music magazine. I have a BA in Filmmaking and a Masters in New Media Development. I drink PBR & read graphic novels. I listened to Kings of Leon back in 2002. My favorite movie is Half Nelson. I go to "Indie Rock Karaoke." I plan on rolling to class every day in on of the 400 graphic tees I own. I guess that kinda makes me a hipster. It'll be fun to see how well that goes over at UGA in the fall :D

Whatttt? Your going to UGA...man I don't know...its pretty preppy/fratty down there. Did you apply to Emory?

I was waitlisted at Emory and Georgia State hasn't given me a decision yet. UGA is financially the best choice. I'm from Atlanta. I'm well aware of UGA preppies. (I dated one for 4 years :)) I should survive. I'll think of it as a social experiment.

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:46 pm

moviechicka wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:

I was waitlisted at Emory and Georgia State hasn't given me a decision yet. UGA is financially the best choice. I'm from Atlanta. I'm well aware of UGA preppies. (I dated one for 4 years :)) I should survive. I'll think of it as a social experiment.

I love ATL but I don't think I could do UGA(no offense UGA is a nice place in all) and I'm not even a hipster, i'm more hipster than preppy though. I would still go to UGA over GSU but I don't know...what do you wanna do?

tycho_brahe

Postby tycho_brahe » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:51 pm

I thought one of the cardinal rules of being a hipster was not identifying yourself as one. Or even as a partial one, or somehow located on the hipster-preppy continuum. Just sayin'...

moviechicka

Postby moviechicka » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Joga Bonito wrote:
moviechicka wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:

I love ATL but I don't think I could do UGA(no offense UGA is a nice place in all) and I'm not even a hipster, i'm more hipster than preppy though. I would still go to UGA over GSU but I don't know...what do you wanna do?

I want to do IP. GSU actually offers more IP courses than UGA, but Georgia has significantly better placement. The film/TV market in Atlanta is now 4th in the country. There's a much greater need for IP & Entertainment attorneys in the area. I have a background working as an Assistant Producer and it'll be interesting to put that experience to work.

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:09 pm

moviechicka wrote:
I want to do IP. GSU actually offers more IP courses than UGA, but Georgia has significantly better placement. The film/TV market in Atlanta is now 4th in the country. There's a much greater need for IP & Entertainment attorneys in the area. I have a background working as an Assistant Producer and it'll be interesting to put that experience to work.

Sweet, I am moderately interested in working in entertainment, but I'm not sure I also like Public Interest, but i don't know what the entertainment industry is like firsthand, esp. for a lawyer.

I have a few connections in NYC and a few ATL but nothing huge. I guess UGA wouldn't be a bad choice in this case then, but I would still try to get into Emory if I were you(send an loci, maybe state your preference for emory although u got into uga, if thats your preference), then you could be in the ATL all the time and make more connections etc and there's more cool places to go than in Athens.

law vida loca

Postby law vida loca » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:03 pm

So the thread is dead, but i still had to share...hipster puppies!
--LinkRemoved--

The Pen Is Mightier

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Just remember. You're all going to law school. You're winning.

Don't be afraid of the hipsters.

Food for thought: http://diehipster.wordpress.com/

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:24 pm

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Well, count me in as a pseudo-hipster. I wear tight clothes and go to Williamsburg a lot.

But I am actually from Brooklyn! Every Brooklyn hipster you meet is from Ohio for some reason. They must breed them at Oberlin.

quetzalcoatl

Postby quetzalcoatl » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:30 pm

I listen to alot of phish and play disk golf. I love a good 80+ IBU IPA (Ruination if available). I have about 4GBs of Umphrey's Mcgee on the pod. Does this mean Im a hipster? Im a little scared right now...

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:34 pm

quetzalcoatl wrote:I listen to alot of phish and play disk golf. I love a good 80+ IBU IPA (Ruination if available). I have about 4GBs of Umphrey's Mcgee on the pod. Does this mean Im a hipster? Im a little scared right now...

No, you're closer to an anti-hipster. Hipsters never listen to jam bands.

quetzalcoatl

Postby quetzalcoatl » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:01 pm

goodolgil wrote:
quetzalcoatl wrote:I listen to alot of phish and play disk golf. I love a good 80+ IBU IPA (Ruination if available). I have about 4GBs of Umphrey's Mcgee on the pod. Does this mean Im a hipster? Im a little scared right now...

No, you're closer to an anti-hipster. Hipsters never listen to jam bands.

Awesome! I think I confused hipster and hippie. You just made my day.

luhrenzo

Postby luhrenzo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Since getting a job in law is now obscure maybe they will go to law school.

:)

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:42 pm

that just kinda means you're a loser

erniesto

Postby erniesto » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 pm

James Bond wrote:

that just kinda means you're a loser

Yeah and Phish and Umphree's didn't help your case. Phish is so almost radio. Lame. :-p

Return to “Choosing a Law School”