Hipsters in Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
reasonabledoubt

Re: Hipsters in Law School

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:49 pm

I believe you'll see an increasing number of hipster phonies in LS over the course of the next 3-5 years because it's a cost-effective style. Think about it: All your clothes can be dirty, cheap, used, torn, from salvation army, garage sales, etc.... you can drink some of the cheapest booze (tecate, pbr, high life).... you can ride a bike, not eat much of anything... the list goes on.

I think 1/2 of hipsterdome is driven by an attempt to make the most out of being poor. The other 1/2 is rich kids who think the poor kids are cool and try to immitate it. However, even the rich kid's parents aren't sending them much allowance anymore post economic crisis and so now their hipsterdome may become authentic. In short, I believe you'll see more of them around.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:49 pm

tallboone wrote:If you haven't seen this blog, check it out:
http://www.latfh.com/

Thanks, that's had me cracking up all day :)

Postby 09042014 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:52 pm

When Hipsters take Con law they don't use the US constitution its too well known, they use a side project, the Confederate Constitution.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:53 pm

barrinmb wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:Perhaps the most important question we should ask about the hipster and law school is not so much where it would attend, but rather, what would a hipster do with a legal education if a hipster were to try and get one?

Enact legal action against other nonconformist individuals for trademark infringement? I.E., sue other dirty hipsters for trying to steal his/her style?

Your profile pic is awesome . . . aside from his opinion on Halo, Yahtzee is my hero.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:53 pm

scionb4 wrote:I find it ironic that hipsters/goths/emos/other stuck up cry baby douche bags from the suburbs/rich areas of big cities call so many things "cliché" that the act of doing so has become . . . a cliché. :?

It's even more fun when they defend their ridiculous attire by saying it's "demonstrating their independence" even though they all look the same as other hipsters/goths/emos/etc.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:27 pm

biv0ns wrote:
scionb4 wrote:I find it ironic that hipsters/goths/emos/other stuck up cry baby douche bags from the suburbs/rich areas of big cities call so many things "cliché" that the act of doing so has become . . . a cliché. :?

It's even more fun when they defend their ridiculous attire by saying it's "demonstrating their independence" even though they all look the same as other hipsters/goths/emos/etc.

Conforming Non-Conformists.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:33 pm

scionb4 wrote:
barrinmb wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:Perhaps the most important question we should ask about the hipster and law school is not so much where it would attend, but rather, what would a hipster do with a legal education if a hipster were to try and get one?

Enact legal action against other nonconformist individuals for trademark infringement? I.E., sue other dirty hipsters for trying to steal his/her style?

Your profile pic is awesome . . . aside from his opinion on Halo, Yahtzee is my hero.

Thanks... it just seemed appropriate for TLS. I understand why he hates Halo, but OMG pwning n00bs FTW :mrgreen:

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

if anyone hasn't seen this, its pretty good

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:36 pm

barrinmb wrote:
scionb4 wrote:
barrinmb wrote:

Thanks... it just seemed appropriate for TLS. I understand why he hates Halo, but OMG pwning n00bs FTW :mrgreen:

He admits to never having played the first one, and he blames Halo 1 for a lot of Halo 2's sins (namely no health meter). He needs to play the first one so that he understands that it was spectacular and innovative, especially considering the best console FPS before it was frigken Goldeneye. I even wrote him an email telling him to do so. Am I seriously this big of a geek?

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:37 pm

sdegarmo wrote:if anyone hasn't seen this, its pretty good

That's the 4th time that's been posted :wink: It's worth the repost, though.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:37 pm

barrinmb wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:if anyone hasn't seen this, its pretty good

That's the 4th time that's been posted :wink: It's worth the repost, though.

yeah, hadnt looked at this since the first page

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:41 pm

scionb4 wrote:He admits to never having played the first one, and he blames Halo 1 for a lot of Halo 2's sins (namely no health meter). He needs to play the first one so that he understands that it was spectacular and innovative, especially considering the best console FPS before it was frigken Goldeneye. I even wrote him an email telling him to do so. Am I seriously this big of a geek?

Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll lambast you in an upcoming segment... he doesn't seem to be one to change his mind, though. He missed the boat and saw the new tier of games before playing Halo, so the huge leap up from 007 probably won't work its magic on him, unfortunately.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:48 pm

The success of this thread as defined by the continued posting and page count is astonishing. There must be something universal about making fun of people who attempt to be nonconformist or anti-establishment through a contrived pretense of irony while unironically conforming to the implied ideals of a group. See, I can't even stop making fun of them for a simple thread observation!

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:01 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:The success of this thread as defined by the continued posting and page count is astonishing. There must be something universal about making fun of people who attempt to be nonconformist or anti-establishment through a contrived pretense of irony while unironically conforming to the implied ideals of a group. See, I can't even stop making fun of them for a simple thread observation!

I just can't stand their fucking hipster attitude. Many other people dress like retards as well, but hipsters take the cake with their outrageous level of douche

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 pm

barrinmb wrote:
scionb4 wrote:He admits to never having played the first one, and he blames Halo 1 for a lot of Halo 2's sins (namely no health meter). He needs to play the first one so that he understands that it was spectacular and innovative, especially considering the best console FPS before it was frigken Goldeneye. I even wrote him an email telling him to do so. Am I seriously this big of a geek?

Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll lambast you in an upcoming segment... he doesn't seem to be one to change his mind, though. He missed the boat and saw the new tier of games before playing Halo, so the huge leap up from 007 probably won't work its magic on him, unfortunately.

I would love it if he made fun of my letter in one of his segments! I'd feel so honored.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 pm

biv0ns wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:The success of this thread as defined by the continued posting and page count is astonishing. There must be something universal about making fun of people who attempt to be nonconformist or anti-establishment through a contrived pretense of irony while unironically conforming to the implied ideals of a group. See, I can't even stop making fun of them for a simple thread observation!

I just can't stand their fucking hipster attitude. Many other people dress like retards as well, but hipsters take the cake with their outrageous level of douche

douche cake does not sound appetizing.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:08 pm

scionb4 wrote:
biv0ns wrote:

douche cake does not sound appetizing.

hipsters would eat it regardless as long as it was organic

utexas2010

Postby utexas2010 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:42 pm

I am no hipster by any means, but I would rather be surrounded by hipsters with skinny jeans than 5,000 frat kids who all dress like thier 50 year old dads with short khakis, boat shoes, and ugly polo shirts....not to mention sunglasses with rubber straps and the same puffy comeover haircut...

I am not saying hipster's should be left alone, but if you are going to make fun of them at least do me the favor of making fun of those goofy robot frat kids as well.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:51 pm

utexas2010 wrote:I am no hipster by any means, but I would rather be surrounded by hipsters with skinny jeans than 5,000 frat kids who all dress like thier 50 year old dads with short khakis, boat shoes, and ugly polo shirts....not to mention sunglasses with rubber straps and the same puffy comeover haircut...

I am not saying hipster's should be left alone, but if you are going to make fun of them at least do me the favor of making fun of those goofy robot frat kids as well.

I agree many percents. The false obscurity of hipsters is probably infinitely more amusing (as well as tolerable) than the purely annoying, unoriginal frat-douche type. To be honest, I think I'd prefer the entire cast of Jersey Shore as LS pals as opposed to a group of frat-douches.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:56 pm

biv0ns wrote:

+1. hipsters have an attitude that everyone should conform to tight jeans and retro shades and chain smoke and ride tiny bikes

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:01 pm

ITT: non-hipsters attempt to typify hipsters and fail.

hth

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:08 pm

kittenmittons wrote:ITT: non-hipsters attempt to typify hipsters and fail.

hth

ITP kittenmittons attempts to typify the typification of hipsters by non-hipsters ITT and fails. htdh :D

echoi

Postby echoi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:34 pm

hipsters try too hard to be different thinking their contrived bullshit makes them special. this wouldn't really bother me, but they're the biggest fucking attention whores i've ever met, constantly advertising themselves and seeking validation from others. this + the "oh, i'm so bohemian" attitude is what makes them so grating.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

utexas2010 wrote:I am no hipster by any means, but I would rather be surrounded by hipsters with skinny jeans than 5,000 frat kids who all dress like thier 50 year old dads with short khakis, boat shoes, and ugly polo shirts....not to mention sunglasses with rubber straps and the same puffy comeover haircut...

Nobody ever said broskies aren't annoying. They are extremely annoying, and I hate being around them. In fact, I'm going to start the "Bros in law school" thread.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:35 pm

scionb4 wrote:

Nobody ever said broskies aren't annoying. They are extremely annoying, and I hate being around them. In fact, I'm going to start the "Bros in law school" thread.

This thread has been moved to the Florida State University forum.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”