Hipsters in Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rocross1

Re: Hipsters in Law School

Postby rocross1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:28 am

Pearalegal wrote:
rocross1 wrote:pear are u on the NDLS 2013 facebook page?

I'm actually about to join. See if you can figure out who I am. Annnnd....go!

Check your friend request I bet I found you, too easy.

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:30 am

So, just so I'm clear here... You all hate hipsters, solely for the outward appearance? Something about a guy in skinny jeans just really really gets to all of you?

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:31 am

rocross1 wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:

Oh lord. You found me. How?

I friended you back. This marks the first time in months I have done anything of facebook. I had about a billion thingies on my page thing, but I ignored them all and just went for you. Feel flattered.

sarlis

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:32 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:So, just so I'm clear here... You all hate hipsters, solely for the outward appearance? Something about a guy in skinny jeans just really really gets to all of you?

i mean, why the skinny jeans, why the shades a three year old baby wears. I'm all for finding your own look, but come on, showing off your legs and ass is for girls.

I don;t absolutely hate hipsters; my roommate is a pseudo-hipster. but i just don;t get the choice of outfit.

rocross1

Postby rocross1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 am

Pearalegal wrote:
rocross1 wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:

Oh lord. You found me. How?

I friended you back. This marks the first time in months I have done anything of facebook. I had about a billion thingies on my page thing, but I ignored them all and just went for you. Feel flattered.

I just friended all those people earlier and I hadn't seen you so it had to be you, and I am flattered. I am going to check you profile now-it is good to put faces to tls.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:35 am

rocross1 wrote:
I just friended all those people earlier and I hadn't seen you so it had to be you, and I am flattered. I am going to check you profile now-it is good to put faces to tls.

Its great!

tallboone

Postby tallboone » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:37 am

I'm with you Dan. And my jeans may be skinnier than yours.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 am

Ok I have to post. This thread is cracking me up. My two cents? I think the skinny jeans look great on guys who can pull it off!

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 am

sarlis wrote:
DanInALionsDen wrote:So, just so I'm clear here... You all hate hipsters, solely for the outward appearance? Something about a guy in skinny jeans just really really gets to all of you?

i mean, why the skinny jeans, why the shades a three year old baby wears. I'm all for finding your own look, but come on, showing off your legs and ass is for girls.

I don;t absolutely hate hipsters; my roommate is a pseudo-hipster. but i just don;t get the choice of outfit.

Where do you come from, just out of interest? I feel like, in the circles I'm in in NYC and NJ, girls would find the idea that "showing off your legs and ass" is for them to be offensive and sexist. I don't buy into that sort of gender bias. I think if a guy wants to wear tight jeans that show off his legs and ass, more power to him. If a girl wants to wear big baggy jeans that make her form look undefined, good for her. I just honestly prefer the way skinnier jeans look on me. I don't go for the spandex sort of jeans spoken about in an earlier post, but I don't care if someone else does. I think this world could do with a few more people who were a bit less eager to judge one another, or question people's personal choices.

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:41 am

Stephanie13 wrote:Ok I have to post. This thread is cracking me up. My two cents? I think the skinny jeans look great on guys who can pull it off!

And I can. Trust me. Haha.

rocross1

Postby rocross1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:41 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:
sarlis wrote:

Where do you come from, just out of interest? I feel like, in the circles I'm in in NYC and NJ, girls would find the idea that "showing off your legs and ass" is for them to be offensive and sexist. I don't buy into that sort of gender bias. I think if a guy wants to wear tight jeans that show off his legs and ass, more power to him. If a girl wants to wear big baggy jeans that make her form look undefined, good for her. I just honestly prefer the way skinnier jeans look on me. I don't go for the spandex sort of jeans spoken about in an earlier post, but I don't care if someone else does. I think this world could do with a few more people who were a bit less eager to judge one another, or question people's personal choices.

WOW, this thread is getting to serious. I was just trying to joke around before bed, not get into a social values lesson-chill keep this thread light it is funny that way or just kill it.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:41 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:I think this world could do with a few more people who were a bit less eager to judge one another, or question people's personal choices.

Oh hush. I think that this point, everything is pretty tongue in cheek on this thread.

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:44 am

Pearalegal wrote:
DanInALionsDen wrote:I think this world could do with a few more people who were a bit less eager to judge one another, or question people's personal choices.

Oh hush. I think that this point, everything is pretty tongue in cheek on this thread.

That was meant to be tongue in cheek, although, I've always found that behind every joke is a serious feeling.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:45 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:Ok I have to post. This thread is cracking me up. My two cents? I think the skinny jeans look great on guys who can pull it off!

And I can. Trust me. Haha.

Haha love the confidence. Well personally I'm hoping for some hipsters around in law school so I don't stand out. I like wearing skinny jeans and dressing up when I go out! :)

tallboone

Postby tallboone » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:47 am

i'm just hoping to be able to make some friends with similar taste in music and political/social beliefs. skinny jeans or not.

tallboone

Postby tallboone » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:48 am

also, i have a lot of "hipster" friends in law school. so they do exist. but they all go to school at hastings, nyu and usc.

drsomebody

Postby drsomebody » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:49 am

rocross1 wrote: WOW, this thread is getting to serious.

Awww... group hug!

Oh wait...hipsters don't like to express emotion.

Crap.

;)

p.s. For the record, I own and regularly sport a pair of vintage wayfarers.

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:53 am

drsomebody wrote:

Awww... group hug!

Some cognitive dissonance among this group. Earlier hipsters were called emos or emos who had gone to college... now we don't show emotion? Which is it? I'm having an identity crisis here... I need to know whether or not I'm supposed to be emotive tomorrow! Get back to me quickly!
Last edited by DanInALionsDen on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:54 am

What does a hipster do in front of a birthday cake? Blow.

elliefont

Postby elliefont » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:10 am

this thread... makes no effing sense.

-OP wants to know where the hipsters are, because he doesn't like them, but kind of is one, too.
-Many people hate hipsters because they dress "weird" and like things you don't like
-the manly dislike of skinny jeans borders on homophobia.
-some hipsters show up and say, "hey, it's just my taste, no offense, what's your problem? JEALOUS?"
-and then it's all "soooo sorry to have offended *cough*loser*cough*

I do not, never will, understand hating on hipsters as a genre. judging people for being shallow on the most shallow of criteria. :roll: wtf, law school, wtf.

drsomebody

Postby drsomebody » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:12 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:
drsomebody wrote:

Awww... group hug!

Some cognitive dissonance among this group. Earlier hipsters were called emos or emos who had gone to college... now we don't show emotion? Which is it? I'm having an identity crisis here... I need to know whether or not I'm supposed to be emotive tomorrow! Get back to me quickly!

You were perhaps expecting logic to play some role in irrational hatred?

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:17 am

elliefont wrote:this thread... makes no effing sense.

-OP wants to know where the hipsters are, because he doesn't like them, but kind of is one, too.
-Many people hate hipsters because they dress "weird" and like things you don't like
-some hipsters show up and say, "hey, it's just my taste, no offense, what's your problem? JEALOUS?"

I do not, never will, understand hating on hipsters as a genre. judging people for being shallow on the most shallow of criteria. :roll: wtf, law school, wtf.

sense of humor much?

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:19 am

Calm down we're just having a little fun.

elliefont

Postby elliefont » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:26 am

reasonabledoubt wrote:

sense of humor much?

oooohhhhhhhh,,, yes, yes, :lol: good thing hipsters aren't real, they might misunderstand and think the whole internet really did hate them because of their glasses. carry on, clever pranksters, the world is your oyster.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:36 am

elliefont wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:

sense of humor much?

oooohhhhhhhh,,, yes, yes, :lol: good thing hipsters aren't real, they might misunderstand and think the whole internet really did hate them because of their glasses. carry on, clever pranksters, the world is your oyster.

Whoa, put down the PBR, self-loathing hipster, you're not making any sense. Clearly this topical chat on hipsters hit a nerve, and we don't want you to do anything stupid, like pawn your macbook air to buy a one-way ticket to Belize in order to start a fish petting zoo. We're just, like, joking.... in a cliched, 80's kinda way. Sorry hipster, but it's retro night at the TLS studios.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”