Hipsters in Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Grond

Bronze

Re: Hipsters in Law School

Post by Grond » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:42 am

I'm busy, somebody do something with this:

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/ ... umb-bitch/

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:45 am

What's PBR? Apparently trendy kids even have their own beverages, too, that they all drink together.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:46 am

sarlis wrote:
DanInALionsDen wrote:
sarlis wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:If a hipster makes out with another hipster, do the glasses bump and make this awkward for a second? Do both people automatically remove them? Is there a power struggle to see who can keep their glasses? Or do both people just keep the glasses on and accept the awkwardness...like middle schoolers and braces?
or when hipsters bang, how hard is it to remove the jeans; like, does someone have to always have scissors ready to cut off the skinny jeans?
We're actually all so skinny underneath from out gluten free, soy free, vegan diets that the jeans just fall right off. That's the real reason we wear skinny jeans... if we didn't, we'd get lost in our own clothing.
haha that does seem to be a true statement; i have never seem a fat hipster.
Never seen a fat hipster, eh?

--ImageRemoved--

Go to http://www.latfh.com/. Look for Beans. You're welcome.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:49 am

scionb4 wrote:What's PBR? Apparently trendy kids even have their own beverages, too, that they all drink together.
Pabst Blue Ribbon. PBR is to hipsters what Natty Light is to bros. I think they drink it because it's ironically terrible.

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:49 am

scionb4 wrote:What's PBR? Apparently trendy kids even have their own beverages, too, that they all drink together.
Nevermind, I looked it up. I think it's funny that a shitty beer like Pabst Blue Ribbon is a "cool" drink for the hipster-pricks. Apparently it's "cool" to drink shitty beer if its less well known than Miller Lite.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DanInALionsDen

Bronze

Post by DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:50 am

reasonabledoubt wrote:
elliefont wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:
elliefont wrote:this thread... makes no effing sense.

-OP wants to know where the hipsters are, because he doesn't like them, but kind of is one, too.
-Many people hate hipsters because they dress "weird" and like things you don't like
-the manly dislike of skinny jeans borders on homophobia.
-some hipsters show up and say, "hey, it's just my taste, no offense, what's your problem? JEALOUS?"
-and then it's all "soooo sorry to have offended *cough*loser*cough*

I do not, never will, understand hating on hipsters as a genre. judging people for being shallow on the most shallow of criteria. :roll: wtf, law school, wtf.
sense of humor much?

oooohhhhhhhh,,, yes, yes, :lol: good thing hipsters aren't real, they might misunderstand and think the whole internet really did hate them because of their glasses. carry on, clever pranksters, the world is your oyster.
Whoa, put down the PBR, self-loathing hipster, you're not making any sense. Clearly this topical chat on hipsters hit a nerve, and we don't want you to do anything stupid, like pawn your macbook air to buy a one-way ticket to Belize in order to start a fish petting zoo. We're just, like, joking.... in a cliched, 80's kinda way. Sorry hipster, but it's retro night at the TLS studios.
I don't think it's fair or accurate to say that the tone of this thread in its entirety has been lighthearted or comical. I tried to be generally more light about it in my own approach, but I think that some people here expressed a bizarre hatred of people based solely on their choice of dress, which cannot be rightly explained away by saying "they were joking." Many weren't, and those that were "joking" should be conscious of the real sentiments which are informing their humor. I also agree that parts of this whole thing have seemed homophobic to me. However, parts of the thread (the lattermost portion) has been mostly upbeat and fun.

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:53 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:
elliefont wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:

-OP wants to know where the hipsters are, because he doesn't like them, but kind of is one, too.
-Many people hate hipsters because they dress "weird" and like things you don't like
-some hipsters show up and say, "hey, it's just my taste, no offense, what's your problem? JEALOUS?"

I do not, never will, understand hating on hipsters as a genre. judging people for being shallow on the most shallow of criteria. :roll: wtf, law school, wtf.
sense of humor much?

Whoa, put down the PBR, self-loathing hipster, you're not making any sense. Clearly this topical chat on hipsters hit a nerve, and we don't want you to do anything stupid, like pawn your macbook air to buy a one-way ticket to Belize in order to start a fish petting zoo. We're just, like, joking.... in a cliched, 80's kinda way. Sorry hipster, but it's retro night at the TLS studios.
I don't think it's fair or accurate to say that the tone of this thread in its entirety has been lighthearted or comical. I tried to be generally more light about it in my own approach, but I think that some people here expressed a bizarre hatred of people based solely on their choice of dress, which cannot be rightly explained away by saying "they were joking." Many weren't, and those that were "joking" should be conscious of the real sentiments which are informing their humor. I also agree that parts of this whole thing have seemed homophobic to me. However, parts of the thread (the lattermost portion) has been mostly upbeat and fun.
Sometimes humor isn't well informed. hth. I see what you're saying, but now you're starting to sound like a hippie. Someone cue the "hippie's in law school" thread creation. ;)

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:56 am

it's genuinely impossible for me to conclusively decide who's being sarcastic ITT. well done, hipsters.

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:56 am

[/quote]

I don't think it's fair or accurate to say that the tone of this thread in its entirety has been lighthearted or comical. I tried to be generally more light about it in my own approach, but I think that some people here expressed a bizarre hatred of people based solely on their choice of dress, which cannot be rightly explained away by saying "they were joking." Many weren't, and those that were "joking" should be conscious of the real sentiments which are informing their humor. I also agree that parts of this whole thing have seemed homophobic to me. However, parts of the thread (the lattermost portion) has been mostly upbeat and fun.[/quote]

It's not your choice of dress, it's your strict adherence to the rules set by a non-conformist counter-culture. Don't you see the irony in that? In trying to be a non-conformist, you have to more strictly conform to a group! And you wear fucking girls jeans, making it look like your smuggling pairs of grapes!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

drsomebody

New

Post by drsomebody » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:59 am

scionb4 wrote:
Nevermind, I looked it up. I think it's funny that a shitty beer like Pabst Blue Ribbon is a "cool" drink for the hipster-pricks. Apparently it's "cool" to drink shitty beer if its less well known than Miller Lite.
David Lynch is why PBR is cool amongst a certain set:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

I don't care much for PBR. But I'll fight to the death anybody who trash-talks David Lynch.

Joga Bonito

Bronze

Post by Joga Bonito » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:59 am

reasonabledoubt wrote:
elliefont wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:

sense of humor much?

oooohhhhhhhh,,, yes, yes, :lol: good thing hipsters aren't real, they might misunderstand and think the whole internet really did hate them because of their glasses. carry on, clever pranksters, the world is your oyster.
thats funny, you deserve recognition for that one.

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:00 am

[quote="scionb4"][/quote]

Hipsters, much like goths, practice synchronized noncomformity, only with tighter fitting, more colorful gear.

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:00 am

drsomebody wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

I don't care much for PBR. But I'll fight to the death anybody who trash-talks David Lynch.
So they're all trying to be like a character in a movie? That's pretty pathetic.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Joga Bonito

Bronze

Post by Joga Bonito » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:02 am

drsomebody wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

Yeah PBR taste like crap, but it's good for a crap beer that taste like crap, much more preferable to fratty crap beers miller lite, bud light etc., keystone light if your really broke.

drsomebody

New

Post by drsomebody » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:02 am

scionb4 wrote:
drsomebody wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

So they're all trying to be like a character in a movie? That's pretty pathetic.
I doubt that many hipsters want to be like Frank.

eaters333

New

Post by eaters333 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:03 am

No but they will be at the dive on the corner, or at the venue in downtown

drsomebody

New

Post by drsomebody » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 am

Joga Bonito wrote:
drsomebody wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

Yeah PBR taste like crap, but it's good for a crap beer that taste like crap, much more preferable to fratty crap beers miller lite, bud light etc., keystone light if your really broke.
Y'all are behind the times. PBR is so 2008. Tecate is where it's at today. It's combines a working class aesthetic with a "foreign" twist.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 am

I can't believe the ignorance of some of the people on this thread. Don't you know anything? The defining characteristic of hipsters isn't their tight pants, non-conformist attitude, or perfectly manicured non-chalance....

It is thin-wheeled bikes.

--ImageRemoved--

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 am

I guess I quoted "Fight Club" at least once a day all through high school.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:07 am

superserial wrote:it's genuinely impossible for me to conclusively decide who's being sarcastic ITT. well done, hipsters.
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-rGN0ou_4

One of the best lines ever is delivered at about the 1:00 mark.

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:07 am

Another hipster is exposed above with the PBR bait. This must be easier than the witch hunts.... hipsters are so eager to come lurking out of their dive bar caves/stepfather's den in a 3 million dollar single family home when provoked.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 am

Someone above stated, PBR is no longer the signature beer of Hipsters, that it is Tecate

TITCR

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:12 am

Cupidity wrote:Someone above stated, PBR is no longer the signature beer of Hipsters, that it is Tecate

TITCR
Yes, but after this thread, how can any self respecting hipster still rely on Tecate being ironic? Surely it won't be... they'll all have to move onto "Modelo" beer for a level of irony that is so ironic it isn't, so unironic, it is.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:13 am

Seriously though, thin wheeled bikes.

drsomebody

New

Post by drsomebody » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 am

Mark my words, Zima's gonna be the next big thing.

Do they still make that swill?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”