Updated Profiles? please?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
miamiman

Updated Profiles? please?

Postby miamiman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi ken,

I'm sure this has been thrown out there quite a few times but is there a way you could reach out to current students and recent grads to supplement the career placement data? I fear many of them are horribly obsolete and unreflective of ITE job placement.

Also, might you be able to put a date updated or "new" demarcation aside the profiles that have been recently updated a la emory, vandy, etc.?

Thanks!

JazzOne

Re: Updated Profiles? please?

Postby JazzOne » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:07 pm

miamiman wrote:Hi ken,

I'm sure this has been thrown out there quite a few times but is there a way you could reach out to current students and recent grads to supplement the career placement data? I fear many of them are horribly obsolete and unreflective of ITE job placement.

Also, might you be able to put a date updated or "new" demarcation aside the profiles that have been recently updated a la emory, vandy, etc.?

Thanks!

+1

A new user with a useful post? Quoted for posterity.

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:15 pm

Not new. Just didn't start posting a lot until all of this shit got relevant - i.e. deciding among schools. I kinda rely upon tls to give me insight about ls beyond speculation about the t14, trolling schools/bashing others, and advice about how to raise a 177 to 180.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:21 pm

miamiman wrote:Not new. Just didn't start posting a lot until all of this shit got relevant - i.e. deciding among schools. I kinda rely upon tls to give me insight about ls beyond speculation about the t14, trolling schools/bashing others, and advice about how to raise a 177 to 180.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow, you have shamed me. Those are my three favorite things to post about on TLS.

fortissimo

Postby fortissimo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:25 pm

-
Last edited by fortissimo on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:28 pm

Don't get me wrong: I enjoy hating on cornell, creating arbitrary tiers and subtiers within the t10, and speculating about gulc's inevitable dropoff just as much as the next guy, but id sure as hell like to read about ocs and oci within the t20 that much more.

Also, where u off to in the fall, jazz?

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:33 pm

miamiman wrote:I'm sure this has been thrown out there quite a few times but is there a way you could reach out to current students and recent grads to supplement the career placement data? I fear many of them are horribly obsolete and unreflective of ITE job placement.

I'm not sure that even Ken could get a truly representative sample of job placement in this economy.

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:38 pm

dextermorgan wrote:
miamiman wrote:I'm sure this has been thrown out there quite a few times but is there a way you could reach out to current students and recent grads to supplement the career placement data? I fear many of them are horribly obsolete and unreflective of ITE job placement.

I'm not sure that even Ken could get a truly representative sample of job placement in this economy.

Even if only to have 5 2ls be quoted on the "median" student, or # of employers, or gpa cutoffs, that would be helpful.

As a case in point, I didn't know until this morning how bad oci was going at ucb.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:50 pm

miamiman wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:

Even if only to have 5 2ls be quoted on the "median" student, or # of employers, or gpa cutoffs, that would be helpful.

As a case in point, I didn't know until this morning how bad oci was going at ucb.

What we really need is something like LSN, but that tracks job placement for law students.

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:58 pm

JazzOne wrote:
miamiman wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:

What we really need is something like LSN, but that tracks job placement for law students.

You'd have to have a representative sample and that would only come if virtually everyone in each class disclosed their revealed preferences and outcomes. The only reason why lsn "works" is because even if only 600/x000 report, it generates meaningful data.

The best that were going to get are 2ls telling us what their 10 friends outcomes were and their relative standing in the class

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:39 am

Also...can we do the same thing for deans interviews.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”