Fordham (sticker) vs. W&M (Fellowship) vs. Wash & Lee (30k s Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
nsinger

New

Fordham (sticker) vs. W&M (Fellowship) vs. Wash & Lee (30k s

Post by nsinger » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:12 am

Well, I've gotten the fellowship at W&M that would make my yearly tuition around 8-9K a year (3.0 GPA req) and I've gotten a 30K scholly to Wash & Lee (3.0 req). I also was accepted to Fordham but would most likely have to pay sticker (I'm trying to get some dough out of 'em, but am not hopeful). I have NO idea what type of law I want to practice but I have been interested in a Government position of some sort. That being said, I'm nervous I'd enter law school and change my mind and want to do big law. So I guess my dilemma is that I'm clueless. Any suggestions on my decision? Thanks in advance.

nsinger

New

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs. W&M (Fellowship) vs. Wash & Lee (30k s

Post by nsinger » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:24 am

Bump. I also would like to work in DC if I did go to W&L or W&M. Guess I should have mentioned.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:38 am

well IMO W&M = Fordham. However, at W&M you have much less debt. Plus, W&M has pretty good placement into DC, which has a ton of gov positions. Fordham is more NYC biglaw. I would go with W&M just b/c of the debt issue myself, but it really comes down to where you want to practice.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:40 am

W&M

nsinger

New

Post by nsinger » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Anyone have other opinions? Thanks to everyone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nycparalegal

Bronze

Post by nycparalegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:39 pm

nsinger wrote:Well, I've gotten the fellowship at W&M that would make my yearly tuition around 8-9K a year (3.0 GPA req) and I've gotten a 30K scholly to Wash & Lee (3.0 req). I also was accepted to Fordham but would most likely have to pay sticker (I'm trying to get some dough out of 'em, but am not hopeful). I have NO idea what type of law I want to practice but I have been interested in a Government position of some sort. That being said, I'm nervous I'd enter law school and change my mind and want to do big law. So I guess my dilemma is that I'm clueless. Any suggestions on my decision? Thanks in advance.
Well, you want to practice in DC. So I think you would be better of with either W&M or Wash & Lee.

Is the Washington & Lee scholly 30K for the whole three years or for each year?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:00 pm

W&M and see if they'll drop the GPA requirment.

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:02 pm

With 30k/year, W&L still costs the same as W&M. Go to the school you like best.

Unless you really really want NYC, leave out Fordham.

nsinger

New

Post by nsinger » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:35 pm

nycparalegal wrote:
nsinger wrote:Well, I've gotten the fellowship at W&M that would make my yearly tuition around 8-9K a year (3.0 GPA req) and I've gotten a 30K scholly to Wash & Lee (3.0 req). I also was accepted to Fordham but would most likely have to pay sticker (I'm trying to get some dough out of 'em, but am not hopeful). I have NO idea what type of law I want to practice but I have been interested in a Government position of some sort. That being said, I'm nervous I'd enter law school and change my mind and want to do big law. So I guess my dilemma is that I'm clueless. Any suggestions on my decision? Thanks in advance.
Well, you want to practice in DC. So I think you would be better of with either W&M or Wash & Lee.

Is the Washington & Lee scholly 30K for the whole three years or for each year?
It's for each year. Thanks everyone for the responses.

dreman510

Bronze

Post by dreman510 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 pm

The Zeppelin wrote:With 30k/year, W&L still costs the same as W&M. Go to the school you like best.

Unless you really really want NYC, leave out Fordham.
TITCR-no need for Fordham, W&M and W&L suit your needs, and both good schools. Decide between the two, and maybe try to get them into a bidding war and raise their schollys.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”