Law Schools' Rankings Over the Years? (Looking for list) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
SpencerPratt

Bronze

Law Schools' Rankings Over the Years? (Looking for list)

Post by SpencerPratt » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:28 pm

Is there a website that has schools' rankings over the years?

insidethetwenty

Bronze

Re: Law Schools' Rankings Over the Years? (Looking for list)

Post by insidethetwenty » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:36 pm

http://www.prelawhandbook.com/law_schoo ... 00_present

They also have other historical rankings on the right side of the page. hth.

SpencerPratt

Bronze

Post by SpencerPratt » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:41 pm

perfect thanks!

Harry Ballsogna

New

Post by Harry Ballsogna » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:24 pm

Washington & Lee coming in with the 20 highest average since 2000 was the most suprising for me. They were as high as 19 in 2002 and 2003... now it seems like most people consider W&M the better school in Virginia.

Also, after seeing this chart I think the "T20" should really be refered to as the T18. I don't think schools like GWU, WUSTL and Minn are anywhere close to Vandy/Texas/USC.

WassAnch

New

Post by WassAnch » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:47 pm

Harry Ballsogna wrote:Washington & Lee coming in with the 20 highest average since 2000 was the most suprising for me. They were as high as 19 in 2002 and 2003... now it seems like most people consider W&M the better school in Virginia.

Also, after seeing this chart I think the "T20" should really be refered to as the T18. I don't think schools like GWU, WUSTL and Minn are anywhere close to Vandy/Texas/USC.

USC? Really? FYI, WUSTL has higher medians, higher reputation scores, and placed more in biglaw (2005). Also, GW has higher medians, similar reputation scores, and placed more in biglaw in 2005.
Additionally, 163 out of USC's class of 204 took the bar in CA. By comparison, 53 WUSTL students took the bar in NY, 27 took it in IL, and 19 took it in CA. 140 GW students took the bar in NY, 101 took it in Virginia, 88 took it in Maryland, and 52 took it in California.

California is a desirable place to live, of course, so the numbers will be skewed a bit. Still, I don't see any proof that USC is more national.

USC is a fine school, but to think that WUSTL and GWU aren't "anywhere close to USC." is pretty silly.

insidethetwenty

Bronze

Post by insidethetwenty » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:18 pm

WassAnch wrote:
Harry Ballsogna wrote:Washington & Lee coming in with the 20 highest average since 2000 was the most suprising for me. They were as high as 19 in 2002 and 2003... now it seems like most people consider W&M the better school in Virginia.

USC? Really? FYI, WUSTL has higher medians, higher reputation scores, and placed more in biglaw (2005). Also, GW has higher medians, similar reputation scores, and placed more in biglaw in 2005.
Additionally, 163 out of USC's class of 204 took the bar in CA. By comparison, 53 WUSTL students took the bar in NY, 27 took it in IL, and 19 took it in CA. 140 GW students took the bar in NY, 101 took it in Virginia, 88 took it in Maryland, and 52 took it in California.

California is a desirable place to live, of course, so the numbers will be skewed a bit. Still, I don't see any proof that USC is more national.

USC is a fine school, but to think that WUSTL and GWU aren't "anywhere close to USC." is pretty silly.
He must've confused USC w/ UCLA. I think it's pretty safe to say that UCLA/Vandy/Texas make up a pretty solid block that is behind the T14 proper, but decidedly better than USC/WUSTL, who are generally considered to be on roughly the same plane.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”