Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
thelawguy777
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 am

Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby thelawguy777 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:54 am

Wow,

I can't believe how bad it stinks waiting to hear back from schools... I had a steady stream of replies for the past couple of months... But for the past 2 weeks, nothing...

AHHH! I only have four more schools to hear from! I think I am going slightly crazy.
:roll:

And you?

Bruin2009
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby Bruin2009 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:21 am

i applied this month and heard back from four right away... including one tht i had no idea i would be accepted to... but now there is nothng else and i am going crazy... I hate waiting,so I amgoing to withdraw from most of these schools so I would wait for less of them...

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:31 am

The Stone has punished me, dream friend.

Tofu
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby Tofu » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:36 am

Bruin2009 wrote:i applied this month and heard back from four right away... including one tht i had no idea i would be accepted to... but now there is nothng else and i am going crazy... I hate waiting,so I amgoing to withdraw from most of these schools so I would wait for less of them...


"Undergrad Institution: UCLA

USC: Applied
USC notes: WILL NEVER GO HERE, I just needed to apply"

ahaha i laughed

Bruin2009
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby Bruin2009 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 am

Tofu wrote:
Bruin2009 wrote:i applied this month and heard back from four right away... including one tht i had no idea i would be accepted to... but now there is nothng else and i am going crazy... I hate waiting,so I amgoing to withdraw from most of these schools so I would wait for less of them...


"Undergrad Institution: UCLA

USC: Applied
USC notes: WILL NEVER GO HERE, I just needed to apply"

ahaha i laughed



:) i will be withdrawing tomorrow

i applied for undergrad too and took my app back a week after lol

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:58 am

U....C...L...A U!C!L!A! Fight fight fight!

Bruin2009
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby Bruin2009 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 pm

aznflyingpanda wrote:U....C...L...A U!C!L!A! Fight fight fight!



+ 100000
lol

we can turn this UCLA lovers' page no?

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby chango » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Bruin2009 wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:U....C...L...A U!C!L!A! Fight fight fight!



+ 100000
lol

we can turn this UCLA lovers' page no?



Not liking their football team (guessing based on your screen name) strikes me as a ridiculous reason for not wanting to go there for law school.
Last edited by chango on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amichig
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby amichig » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:24 pm

I applied mid-October to 12 different schools and have heard back from 5...what is taking so long!!!!! I hate waiting!

User avatar
tallboone
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby tallboone » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:28 pm

I can say this for UCLA, it treats its alums well. I heard back from them 3 days after my application went complete. as for USC, i know quite a few bruins who go there for law school and their hearts still bleed blue and gold when it counts on game day.

User avatar
johnstuartmill
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby johnstuartmill » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Fuck 'SC.

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby chango » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 pm

johnstuartmill wrote:Fuck 'SC.


Easily said by someone who got accepted at U Chicago.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby lateforthesky16 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Tofu wrote:
Bruin2009 wrote:i applied this month and heard back from four right away... including one tht i had no idea i would be accepted to... but now there is nothng else and i am going crazy... I hate waiting,so I amgoing to withdraw from most of these schools so I would wait for less of them...


"Undergrad Institution: UCLA

USC: Applied
USC notes: WILL NEVER GO HERE, I just needed to apply"

ahaha i laughed




nice. i went to Cal and could never attend USC. What's sad is $C is the perfect option for my numbers. I want to work in Socal, I'm waitlisted at UCLA and I'm not big on attending Davis/Hastings. But I just can't do it. I know I'm crazy, but I'll go to Hastings in a heartbeat over USC. Job prospects be damned...I wouldn't be caught dead as a trojan.

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby scionb4 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 pm

I had my Indiana University at Bloomington interview over the weekend, and it went really well or at least seemed to, so now I am almost hyperventilating waiting for the final answer. I didn't know before my interview that I want to go there so bad!!!! Anyway, here's crossing my fingers!

ToTransferOrNot
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 pm

Just wait until you get to wait for your 1st semester 1L grades.

Then when you get to wait for word on law review.

Then when you get to wait for word on transferring.

Then when you get to wait for word on callbacks/offers from OCI.

Then when you get to wait for 2L grades.

Then when you get to wait for whether you got no-offered by your 2L gig.

Then when you get to wait for word on clerkship applications.

Then when you get to wait for word on whether you ended up with latin honors.

Then when you get to wait for word on whether you passed the bar.

Then when you get to wait 8 long years for word on whether you made partner.

Then when you get to wait for 10-20 more years until you can finally retire and live your life.

... then when you get to wait for 1 month while your "you're going to die in 3 months" terminal illness diagnosis comes down right after you retire.

User avatar
thelawguy777
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby thelawguy777 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:14 am

ToTransferOrNot wrote:Just wait until you get to wait for your 1st semester 1L grades.

Then when you get to wait for word on law review.

Then when you get to wait for word on transferring.

Then when you get to wait for word on callbacks/offers from OCI.

Then when you get to wait for 2L grades.

Then when you get to wait for whether you got no-offered by your 2L gig.

Then when you get to wait for word on clerkship applications.

Then when you get to wait for word on whether you ended up with latin honors.

Then when you get to wait for word on whether you passed the bar.

Then when you get to wait 8 long years for word on whether you made partner.

Then when you get to wait for 10-20 more years until you can finally retire and live your life.

... then when you get to wait for 1 month while your "you're going to die in 3 months" terminal illness diagnosis comes down right after you retire.


great post...

User avatar
thelawguy777
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby thelawguy777 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:15 am

amichig wrote:I applied mid-October to 12 different schools and have heard back from 5...what is taking so long!!!!! I hate waiting!


I hear ya!

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:24 am

ToTransferOrNot wrote:Just wait until you get to wait for your 1st semester 1L grades.

Then when you get to wait for word on law review.

Then when you get to wait for word on transferring.

Then when you get to wait for word on callbacks/offers from OCI.

Then when you get to wait for 2L grades.

Then when you get to wait for whether you got no-offered by your 2L gig.

Then when you get to wait for word on clerkship applications.

Then when you get to wait for word on whether you ended up with latin honors.

Then when you get to wait for word on whether you passed the bar.

Then when you get to wait 8 long years for word on whether you made partner.

Then when you get to wait for 10-20 more years until you can finally retire and live your life.

... then when you get to wait for 1 month while your "you're going to die in 3 months" terminal illness diagnosis comes down right after you retire.


So you're telling us to focus on the bright side of life?
Last edited by Richie Tenenbaum on Tue May 29, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thelawguy777
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby thelawguy777 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:32 am

whataboutbahb wrote:
amichig wrote:I applied mid-October to 12 different schools and have heard back from 5...what is taking so long!!!!! I hate waiting!


i applied mid-October to 12 schools and I have heard back from 3 (if you count one waitlist as "hearing back"). It's torture.


...pure torture...

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby bighead715 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:57 am

ToTransferOrNot wrote:Just wait until you get to wait for your 1st semester 1L grades.

Then when you get to wait for word on law review.

Then when you get to wait for word on transferring.

Then when you get to wait for word on callbacks/offers from OCI.

Then when you get to wait for 2L grades.

Then when you get to wait for whether you got no-offered by your 2L gig.

Then when you get to wait for word on clerkship applications.

Then when you get to wait for word on whether you ended up with latin honors.

Then when you get to wait for word on whether you passed the bar.

Then when you get to wait 8 long years for word on whether you made partner.

Then when you get to wait for 10-20 more years until you can finally retire and live your life.

... then when you get to wait for 1 month while your "you're going to die in 3 months" terminal illness diagnosis comes down right after you retire.


i bet your life fucking blows. douche.

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby flyingpanda » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:26 am

If your whole working life is going to be spent "waiting 10-20 years before you can retire and live your life", you're going to end up very unhappy.

mholmes
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby mholmes » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:50 am

Bruin2009 wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:U....C...L...A U!C!L!A! Fight fight fight!



+ 100000
lol

we can turn this UCLA lovers' page no?



+1000000

prelaw10
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Is anyone else dying with anticipation?

Postby prelaw10 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:38 pm

ah that is a horrible outlook on life.. you need a fresh perspective! life can be fun.. really




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest