Question About Pursuing a Career in Academia

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
daddymike

Re: Question About Pursuing a Career in Academia

Postby daddymike » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:04 am

Renzo wrote:
daddymike wrote:
Renzo wrote:
daddymike wrote:Some of the best law professors have come from outside the T14. Still in the top 100, however.
You basically need a 3.6 GPA or higher, with no B grades whatsoever to land a respectable teaching job.

Uh...

Where did you pull this from? Because it smells like fresh butthole...

90 seconds into HLS's website and:

http://www.law.harvard.edu/faculty/dire ... tml?id=539 JD, Northeastern

http://www.law.harvard.edu/faculty/dire ... tml?id=590 JD, University of Arizona

And let's not forget the man himself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Hovenkamp JD, UT Austin

You must obviously like fresh buttholes.

Uh, so help me out. Where does Harvard say that you have to have a 3.6 with no B's whatsoever to find a "respectable" teaching gig? For that matter, where does Wikipedia say it? Or does your butthole have a website from which you pull made-up facts?

That's your comeback? Weaksauce.

Since you are putting quotations around the word respectable, I assume you have a definition you like to share. Let's start with that because you are turning this thread into total clownery, while I am genuinely trying to give the OP some food for thought. Let's be quite honest, all you have provided the OP is nothing, except the word butthole a couple of times. I have provided facts. You would be incorrect to assume that the burden of proof rests on me. Nevertheless, I have provided hard evidence of people who possess JDs from lower-ranked institutions and are current professors at HLS. I am currently in law school. I have spoken to some of my professors because this area interests me very much as well. The numbers above is the advice that I was given.

In any case, I suggest the OP talk to some professors and see what's what, because it's safe to say that your use of the word "butthole" is not going to contribute to a discussion on academia.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:29 am

daddymike wrote:That's your comeback? Weaksauce.

Since you are putting quotations around the word respectable, I assume you have a definition you like to share. Let's start with that because you are turning this thread into total clownery, while I am genuinely trying to give the OP some food for thought. Let's be quite honest, all you have provided the OP is nothing, except the word butthole a couple of times. I have provided facts. You would be incorrect to assume that the burden of proof rests on me. Nevertheless, I have provided hard evidence of people who possess JDs from lower-ranked institutions and are current professors at HLS. I am currently in law school. I have spoken to some of my professors because this area interests me very much as well. The numbers above is the advice that I was given.

In any case, I suggest the OP talk to some professors and see what's what, because it's safe to say that your use of the word "butthole" is not going to contribute to a discussion on academia.

If you want a comeback, I'll start snapping yo'mama jokes till you weep like a girl, but that's not what I was trying to do.

A 3.6 at your school isn't the same as a 3.6 at someone else's school, so it's just a meaningless number without context. Saying it's a requisite for an academic job is pulling nonsense out of your ass. Therefore, we have both contributed butthole to this thread. Now, if you had said something along the lines of, "I talked to the profs/academic careers office/whoever at my school, and they said being in the top (x) of my class is pretty much a requirement" you would have made a meaningful contribution, and I wouldn't have posted in this thread at all.

daddymike

Postby daddymike » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:48 am

Renzo wrote:
daddymike wrote:That's your comeback? Weaksauce.

If you want a comeback, I'll start snapping yo'mama jokes till you weep like a girl, but that's not what I was trying to do.

A 3.6 at your school isn't the same as a 3.6 at someone else's school, so it's just a meaningless number without context. Saying it's a requisite for an academic job is pulling nonsense out of your ass. Therefore, we have both contributed butthole to this thread. Now, if you had said something along the lines of, "I talked to the profs/academic careers office/whoever at my school, and they said being in the top (x) of my class is pretty much a requirement" you would have made a meaningful contribution, and I wouldn't have posted in this thread at all.

Whatever makes you feel better. Now leave me alone. Please?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”