That's what she said. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
CmonSD

Bronze

Re: That's what she said.

Post by CmonSD » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Just curious....would anyone be willing to stay local for their SO (bf/gf only) and what would it take? I feel like I would consider it but I would expect a certain amount of committment....(ie fully financially support me) jk...it would be nice though. :D

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:30 pm

CmonSD wrote:Just curious....would anyone be willing to stay local for their SO (bf/gf only) and what would it take? I feel like I would consider it but I would expect a certain amount of committment....(ie fully financially support me) jk...it would be nice though. :D
Putting a ring on it, in the words of Beyonce, would be a reasonable expectation

daesonesb

Bronze

Post by daesonesb » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:04 pm

CmonSD wrote:Just curious....would anyone be willing to stay local for their SO (bf/gf only) and what would it take? I feel like I would consider it but I would expect a certain amount of committment....(ie fully financially support me) jk...it would be nice though. :D
If you are gonna be with that person for life, then yes... it's worth going to a strong local school to keep the relationship going. If you live in Nevada or Nebraska, however, and have T-14 numbers... it'd take a pretty self-centered S.O. to keep you in state.

I'd go to UW over my top choice if my relationship were on the line, for example.... but not Gonzaga :P

kevin261186

Bronze

Post by kevin261186 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:12 pm

biv0ns wrote:I'd go to UW over my top choice if my relationship were on the line, for example.... but not Gonzaga :P
no one should ever go there over UW. I'd be more than happy to leave an SO in Spokane if I got into the U dub.

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:14 pm

kevin261186 wrote:
biv0ns wrote:I'd go to UW over my top choice if my relationship were on the line, for example.... but not Gonzaga :P
no one should ever go there over UW. I'd be more than happy to leave an SO in Spokane if I got into the U dub.
that....was not me... :?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BigFatPanda

Bronze

Post by BigFatPanda » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:27 pm

biv0ns wrote:Successful girls are sexy. Confidence is sexy. Intelligence is sexy. Having both of those in a good looking girl seems uncommon, which makes it more special, and is also sexy. Not to mention that girls in sexy business suits are perhaps my #1 turn on.

Any guy afraid of a successful woman is either a pussy or a child.
D'oooooooh, i am a pussy.

--ImageRemoved--

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:53 pm

daesonesb wrote:
If you are gonna be with that person for life, then yes... it's worth going to a strong local school to keep the relationship going. If you live in Nevada or Nebraska, however, and have T-14 numbers... it'd take a pretty self-centered S.O. to keep you in state.

I'd go to UW over my top choice if my relationship were on the line, for example.... but not Gonzaga :P
I'd prefer NYC over, say DC, purely because of my SO.

blueberrymuffin

New

Post by blueberrymuffin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:22 am

My husband and I worked together to determine my school list. He spent a lot of time researching schools as well, and I would tell him any advice I got from others. We've spent 2 of the past 3 years in different states, and it's pretty important for us to try to stick together for law school. So his ability to find jobs in the area will be a major factor for us. Also, we will BOTH have to agree on how much debt is too much debt. You can't exactly run off and spend 60k/yr without your spouse's approval...

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:25 am

blueberrymuffin wrote:You can't exactly run off and spend 60k/yr without your spouse's approval...
Then how do you explain when this happens: Image ;)

Edit: 120K+

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”