Taking LSAT in October. How do I figure out where to apply Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
masterthearts

Bronze

Taking LSAT in October. How do I figure out where to apply

Post by masterthearts » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Applying in 2011..how do I figure out where to apply if I won't be taking the LSAT till October. I want to send apps out early, before my lsat score comes back. So, without that lsat score, how do I figure out where to apply? Do I base it on scores from practice exams?
MY GPA is high (3.8) from an Ivy League School.
Obviously I want the T14, but don't know if I'll score high enough on the lsat. My first diag was only a 153. Plan to prep with a course, but results aren't guaranteed...I can't count on a 170. So, how do I figure out where to apply?
Thanks
Masterthearts

cardinalandgold

Silver

Re: Taking LSAT in October. How do I figure out where to apply

Post by cardinalandgold » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Unless you are made of money, wait until you get your LSAT score back before applying. If you take in October, you will hear back by the end of the month. Just spend the time after the LSAT working on your applications and your personal statement. Have everything ready to go so that you can start submitting right after you find out your score. If you submit your apps in Early November, you will still be considered "early".

Asilkman

New

Re: Taking LSAT in October. How do I figure out where to apply

Post by Asilkman » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:58 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:Unless you are made of money, wait until you get your LSAT score back before applying. If you take in October, you will hear back by the end of the month. Just spend the time after the LSAT working on your applications and your personal statement. Have everything ready to go so that you can start submitting right after you find out your score. If you submit your apps in Early November, you will still be considered "early".
+1. Right after you take the LSAT get cracking on your PS, LsOR, addendums or whatever else so that as soon as you get your score you can basically just hit send and get the apps on their way. If you're ready to go, you could get your apps off before November and that is plenty early. As was mentioned, not such a bad idea to wait till score is in hand. Best case senario, you score great and get the apps off before most applicants anyway, worst case you bomb and just wasted a few hundred bucks sending apps of to schools you don't have a chance of getting into till you retake.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”