The University of Arkansas Little Rock

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LoBaas21

The University of Arkansas Little Rock

Postby LoBaas21 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Does anyone have any information on this school or the city of Little Rock?

Zara

Re: The University of Arkansas Little Rock

Postby Zara » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:00 pm

I grew up just outside of Little Rock, so I can tell you about the city if you have specific questions. I know a lot of people who went to UALR for undergrad but I don't know much about it except that it is 3rd tier. Most of the people who went there were the ones who couldn't get into any other schools or who needed to live in Little Rock because of work or something.

If you want to go to law school in Arkansas then maybe take a look at Fayetteville. It is ranked at #97 and is considered the best public school in the state (i dont know how it would be viewed outside of Arkansas though). Also they have no application fee.

Fayetteville has their index online:

The prediction index is calculated as follows: (LSAT score) plus (13.4 x UGPA) = Prediction Index . For example, if an applicant has an LSAT score of 160 and a 3.00 UGPA, his/her prediction index would be 200.

We will grant index admission to non-residents who have a prediction index of 205 or above and to Arkansas residents who have a prediction index of 200 or above. If space permits, we may offer index admission to other applicants.

LoBaas21

Re: The University of Arkansas Little Rock

Postby LoBaas21 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks for the reply. I looked at Arkansas, but my husband's job will require us to be in a major city. I believe Little Rock is the only major city in Arkansas correct?

I definitely have gotten a good vibe from the school, and the opportunity to go to school for extremely cheap is what I like about Little Rock.

Do you have more information about living in the Little Rock area? What areas of town to avoid? What areas are good?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”