Pissed at Fordham

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
OperaSoprano

Re: Pissed at Fordham

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:57 am

Lxw wrote:
legends159 wrote:FYI it is in NYC and people there are generally rude. Might have something to do with cramming millions of people into overpriced boxes and cramped subway cars in brutal weather...

--LinkRemoved--

NYC is full of rude people LOLOLOLOL

<3

New Yorkers may not talk to strangers the way people do in other cities, but they are quite chivalrous. I've had random strangers carry my suitcases up and down flights of stairs, and people have even held subway doors open for me, probably to the annoyance of some other passengers. Even police officers and security guards are courteous here. One of the Fordham guards is really sweet and friendly.

So yeah, NYC residents don't strike up conversations with people they don't know, but I really can't say I've ever seen much rudeness here in four and a half years of residence (not counting the time I lived here as a newborn.)

Leeroy Jenkins

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 am

OS, I lived in NYC for four years, I will defend it like any native New Yorker (except on the issue of CoL).

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:02 am

legends159 wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:
AlanShore wrote:I'm an 0L but I don't really think I'd care about most of the OP's complaints.. especially the stuff about the professors.

I'd pbe annoyed at the loans thing. As for books, yea thats annoying but it wouldnt be bad enough to be under a list of my school's "crimes"

The business about the books pisses me off. Any time a school nickels and dimes its students, it gets on my nerves.

I was planning to apply to Fordham, but the people at the admissions office were so lazy and rude to me on multiple occasions that it ruined my opinion of the school.

FYI it is in NYC and people there are generally rude. Might have something to do with cramming millions of people into overpriced boxes and cramped subway cars in brutal weather...

Maybe all that is true, but I had tons of e-mails and phone calls go unreturned, and on the rare occasions I got the lady on the phone, she was invariably pushy, cutting me off to answer questions only they weren't the questions I was asking. She would have known as much if she had let me finish my sentence. C'est la vie.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:03 am

Lxw wrote:OS, I lived in NYC for four years, I will defend it like any native New Yorker (except on the issue of CoL).

LOL, the last part is credited, unfortunately.

Did you go to UG here?

Leeroy Jenkins

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:04 am

ayuh

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 am

TipTravHoot wrote:
legends159 wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:
AlanShore wrote:I'm an 0L but I don't really think I'd care about most of the OP's complaints.. especially the stuff about the professors.

I'd pbe annoyed at the loans thing. As for books, yea thats annoying but it wouldnt be bad enough to be under a list of my school's "crimes"

The business about the books pisses me off. Any time a school nickels and dimes its students, it gets on my nerves.

I was planning to apply to Fordham, but the people at the admissions office were so lazy and rude to me on multiple occasions that it ruined my opinion of the school.

FYI it is in NYC and people there are generally rude. Might have something to do with cramming millions of people into overpriced boxes and cramped subway cars in brutal weather...

Maybe all that is true, but I had tons of e-mails and phone calls go unreturned, and on the rare occasions I got the lady on the phone, she was invariably pushy, cutting me off to answer questions only they weren't the questions I was asking. She would have known as much if she had let me finish my sentence. C'est la vie.

I don't think they mean to be rude. They are frighteningly swamped this year. I volunteered to go to the LSAC Forum, and I must have talked to 50,000 people in two hours. IMO the school should add staff when they can afford to do so.

Bankhead

Postby Bankhead » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:11 am

They were very rude last year too.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”