Best schools in the Rocky Mountain West?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Best schools in the Rocky Mountain West?

Postby General Tso » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:17 pm

smalltown wrote:If you're looking for the Rocky Mountain West, and not the West Coast, then come to Colorado. Washington isn't in the Rocky Mountain West because, well, the Rockies barely touch the state. Neither is Oregon. But both are good schools. It's different if you're looking for the West besides California.

CU does well through the Rockies because there aren't many other law schools in the region. And it's also a good school. There are a lot of people at CU who end up working in California. But that goes for a lot of good schools. California is a pretty big place. Outside of Colorado, California is the next biggest destination for CU grads. It's a fun place to go to school.


Sure if you count 5.0% of the class as "a lot of people". That is like 7 or 8 people out of a class of 150.
--LinkRemoved--

CUB is a very good school for its region. Its reach into CA is very limited.

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Best schools in the Rocky Mountain West?

Postby kn6542 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:30 pm

swheat wrote:
smalltown wrote:If you're looking for the Rocky Mountain West, and not the West Coast, then come to Colorado. Washington isn't in the Rocky Mountain West because, well, the Rockies barely touch the state. Neither is Oregon. But both are good schools. It's different if you're looking for the West besides California.

CU does well through the Rockies because there aren't many other law schools in the region. And it's also a good school. There are a lot of people at CU who end up working in California. But that goes for a lot of good schools. California is a pretty big place. Outside of Colorado, California is the next biggest destination for CU grads. It's a fun place to go to school.


Sure if you count 5.0% of the class as "a lot of people". That is like 7 or 8 people out of a class of 150.
--LinkRemoved--

CUB is a very good school for its region. Its reach into CA is very limited.

The people who go from CU to CA are usually ppl who are FROM CA in the first place. (There are A LOT of Socal ppl in Boulder, btw.) But those CU law grads can demonstrate ties. They also likely have good grades. It's not that easy to get a job out of CU PERIOD, let alone try to move into the CA market.

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Best schools in the Rocky Mountain West?

Postby General Tso » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:35 pm

kn6542 wrote:
swheat wrote:Sure if you count 5.0% of the class as "a lot of people". That is like 7 or 8 people out of a class of 150.
--LinkRemoved--

CUB is a very good school for its region. Its reach into CA is very limited.

The people who go from CU to CA are usually ppl who are FROM CA in the first place. (There are A LOT of Socal ppl in Boulder, btw.) But those CU law grads can demonstrate ties. They also likely have good grades. It's just not an easy move.


My impression is that a lot of CA people go to CU-B for undergrad.

Look at martindale's sample of CUB lawyers. California is the #2 destination but it only accounts for 198 out of 3738 lawyers. That is 5.2%

User avatar
kn6542
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Best schools in the Rocky Mountain West?

Postby kn6542 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm

swheat wrote:
kn6542 wrote:
swheat wrote:Sure if you count 5.0% of the class as "a lot of people". That is like 7 or 8 people out of a class of 150.
--LinkRemoved--

CUB is a very good school for its region. Its reach into CA is very limited.

The people who go from CU to CA are usually ppl who are FROM CA in the first place. (There are A LOT of Socal ppl in Boulder, btw.) But those CU law grads can demonstrate ties. They also likely have good grades. It's just not an easy move.


My impression is that a lot of CA people go to CU-B for undergrad.

Look at martindale's sample of CUB lawyers. California is the #2 destination but it only accounts for 198 out of 3738 lawyers. That is 5.2%

I'm not disagreeing with you. What is your point?

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Best schools in the Rocky Mountain West?

Postby General Tso » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:41 pm

kn6542 wrote:
swheat wrote:
kn6542 wrote:
swheat wrote:Sure if you count 5.0% of the class as "a lot of people". That is like 7 or 8 people out of a class of 150.
--LinkRemoved--

CUB is a very good school for its region. Its reach into CA is very limited.

The people who go from CU to CA are usually ppl who are FROM CA in the first place. (There are A LOT of Socal ppl in Boulder, btw.) But those CU law grads can demonstrate ties. They also likely have good grades. It's just not an easy move.


My impression is that a lot of CA people go to CU-B for undergrad.

Look at martindale's sample of CUB lawyers. California is the #2 destination but it only accounts for 198 out of 3738 lawyers. That is 5.2%

I'm not disagreeing with you. What is your point?


And I'm not arguing with you. My point is just what I've written....CUB is not a good place to attend if you are certain you want to be a lawyer in CA. Is it possible to work in CA from CUB? Yes. Is it likely? No.

postitnotes
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:21 am

Re: Best schools in the Rocky Mountain West?

Postby postitnotes » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:36 pm

reebtoor wrote:Gonzaga definitely belongs in the bottom group. It has got to be the most overrated school I know of. I have several friends there, and they can't even find jobs in the small Spokane market, let alone anywhere else.


One of my facebook friends went to Gonzaga, and for some reason I thought it was in Arizona.

User avatar
sundevil77
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: Best schools in the Rocky Mountain West?

Postby sundevil77 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:24 am

postitnotes wrote:One of my facebook friends went to Gonzaga, and for some reason I thought it was in Arizona.


Watch any college basketball?




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], carlos_danger and 5 guests