When to Stop Applying

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
TTH

When to Stop Applying

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:56 pm

To be sure, applicants should have already has all their applications in by now, and I thought I was done applying like a month ago. However, I have only heard back from one school--and that was a hold. I haven't even got status checkers from a couple of schools which I know give them out (Georgia, anyone?). So, I'm considering throwing out a few panic applications to some super-safeties. Has the window passed for this sort of thing yet?

In other words, if I sent out some applications this week, would I have a shot at admittance or would I just be draining my bank account?

Kiersten1985

Re: When to Stop Applying

Postby Kiersten1985 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:57 pm

NEVERRRR!!!!

dk8

Postby dk8 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:57 pm

your odds are not as good applying this late, but if you have the numbers to be competetive, then apply.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:01 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:To be sure, applicants should have already has all their applications in by now, and I thought I was done applying like a month ago. However, I have only heard back from one school--and that was a hold. I haven't even got status checkers from a couple of schools which I know give them out (Georgia, anyone?). So, I'm considering throwing out a few panic applications to some super-safeties. Has the window passed for this sort of thing yet?

In other words, if I sent out some applications this week, would I have a shot at admittance or would I just be draining my bank account?

No it hasn't passed, but I wouldn't waste the money. Would you even go to these schools if you got dinged everywhere else?

IMO the idea of safety schools shouldn't exist. In undergrad where prestige isn't as important putting off a year is a bigger deal. But for law admissions, I'd just sit out the cycle if I got dinged at my targets.

But its still early, you are going to get some acceptances soon.

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:To be sure, applicants should have already has all their applications in by now, and I thought I was done applying like a month ago. However, I have only heard back from one school--and that was a hold. I haven't even got status checkers from a couple of schools which I know give them out (Georgia, anyone?). So, I'm considering throwing out a few panic applications to some super-safeties. Has the window passed for this sort of thing yet?

No it hasn't passed, but I wouldn't waste the money. Would you even go to these schools if you got dinged everywhere else?

IMO the idea of safety schools shouldn't exist. In undergrad where prestige isn't as important putting off a year is a bigger deal. But for law admissions, I'd just sit out the cycle if I got dinged at my targets.

But its still early, you are going to get some acceptances soon.

All good points.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”