UCdavis vs emory

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
poslhs
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:39 am

UCdavis vs emory

Postby poslhs » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:34 am

UCdavis vs emory

in respect of job opportunity, what do you think?

Jockin Jay-Z
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby Jockin Jay-Z » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:49 am

The obvious answer is that it depends on where you want to work.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby najumobi » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:57 am

poslhs wrote:UCdavis vs emory

in respect of job opportunity, what do you think?

emory provides the better job opportunity.
40% of emory grads land +80k/year jobs compared to 30% for davis grads. plus a 5% federal clerkship placement compared to davis' 1%.
a greater percentage of emory grads have jobs by graduation.
and last, atlanta cost of living is 18% cheaper than sacramento (even cheaper when compared to san fran or L.A.) so whatever you make in atlanta would go farther than if you lived in california cities.

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

najumobi wrote:
poslhs wrote:UCdavis vs emory

in respect of job opportunity, what do you think?

emory provides the better job opportunity.
40% of emory grads land +80k/year jobs compared to 30% for davis grads. plus a 5% federal clerkship placement compared to davis' 1%.
a greater percentage of emory grads have jobs by graduation.
and last, atlanta cost of living is 18% cheaper than sacramento (even cheaper when compared to san fran or L.A.) so whatever you make in atlanta would go farther than if you lived in california cities.


+1 There ya go.

Not to mention, I really think Emory is underrated. If not for its location in Atlanta (which for some is a good thing, others not so much), I think Emory would be ranked higher.

poslhs
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:39 am

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby poslhs » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:58 am

I am not from the USA and I have no other people to ask

I only gained my information from here and the description about Emory was little bit poor,

saying that it won't give you job opp. in outside Atlanta.

(I was confused since I thought its rank is pretty good)

So, I figured that I provably don't want to live in Atlanta (or perhaps I would like it, who knows, I don't even know exactly where it is)

and UC davis seemed good school in LA so I asked.

Now, I don't know

User avatar
rw2264
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:59 am

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby rw2264 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:22 am

in addition to all that has been said: davis is a small town outside sacramento and the whole area is pretty miserable. go to emory.

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby Matteliszt » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:44 am

Davis really doesn't travel very well. it is a great school for Sac town, but if I were in your shoes I would take Emory in a heartbeat.

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby Blindmelon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:46 am

The cheaper one.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby najumobi » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Matteliszt wrote:Davis really doesn't travel very well. it is a great school for Sac town, but if I were in your shoes I would take Emory in a heartbeat.

i don't think either travel well.
i'd take emory b/c you're more likely to get a good job in atlanta coming out emory than a good job in sactown, la, or sf, coming out of davis.

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby Matteliszt » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:42 pm

I've worked in Sac, there are far more Davis/Mcgeorge grads running around than anything else (from what I saw), but I imagine najumobi is correct. I would like to think Emory has some pull in the south though...

Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby Bankhead » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:40 am

poslhs wrote:I am not from the USA and I have no other people to ask

I only gained my information from here and the description about Emory was little bit poor,

saying that it won't give you job opp. in outside Atlanta.

(I was confused since I thought its rank is pretty good)

So, I figured that I provably don't want to live in Atlanta (or perhaps I would like it, who knows, I don't even know exactly where it is)

and UC davis seemed good school in LA so I asked.

Now, I don't know


Whichever one has the non-graded LRW...

i'm an asshole, but i'm deadly serious.

Sourpunch
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:23 am

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby Sourpunch » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:44 pm

Emory, Davis is a shithole for UCLA and USC rejects. Emory on the other hand is a top-20 school. This is a no brainer. Why are you asking us.

Sourpunch
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:23 am

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby Sourpunch » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:45 pm

And Davis is not in LA.

User avatar
rw2264
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:59 am

Re: UCdavis vs emory

Postby rw2264 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:40 pm

davis is also in the most boring place in the entire world--davis.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests