Rutgers-Newark - Questions

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lmperri

Rutgers-Newark - Questions

Postby lmperri » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:02 pm

hey guys, two questions i was wondering on rutgers newark campus. Does anyone know if they allow you to transfer from part-time to full time during the year (for instance, go into full time during the spring semester of my 1L) and it says of the application that you need to have lived in NJ for a full year prior to applying to get instate tuition, is this true? I have heard different things.

hank44

Re: Rutgers-Newark - Questions

Postby hank44 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:33 pm

lmperri wrote:hey guys, two questions i was wondering on rutgers newark campus. Does anyone know if they allow you to transfer from part-time to full time during the year (for instance, go into full time during the spring semester of my 1L) and it says of the application that you need to have lived in NJ for a full year prior to applying to get instate tuition, is this true? I have heard different things.

I e-mailed somebody in the financial aid office and they said if you sign a lease (or sign up for housing with them) before the first day of classes, you can get in-state tuition. That simple I guess. Not sure about the p/t-f/t thing but I had heard from more than a couple other schools (just from their websites) that you can't switch until you've put in two semester and then the summer to catch up...

lmperri

Postby lmperri » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:39 pm

thanks...does anyone know if i transfer into full time the second year if that will hurt my chances at moot court/law review/job prospects/summer associate prospects?

Think_lax86

Postby Think_lax86 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Hey I am wondering the same thing... does being part-time mess up your extracurricular activities? (ie. moot court, review, journals, etc...?)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”